- 12 hrs ago Car Sales Report For February 2021: Hyundai Registers Over 26 Percent Yearly Growth In Sales
- 13 hrs ago Car Sales Report For February 2021: Toyota Registers 27 Percent Monthly Growth In Domestic Sales
- 14 hrs ago Tata HBX Micro SUV Launch Confirmed For This Year: Here's Everything You Need To Know!
- 15 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 180F BS6 Removed From The Company's Official Website: Here's Why!
- Finance Is NCR Commercial Real Estate Segment Seeing An Uptick?
- Movies Happy Birthday Tiger Shroff: 5 Actresses We Would Love To See Opposite This Action Star!
- Technology Amazon Special Offer: No Cost EMI And Exchange Offers On OnePlus Smartphones And Accessories
- News Karnataka SSLC exams postponed by a week, to begin from June 21: Check timetable
- Sports Shaw to lead Mumbai in Vijay Hazare knockouts
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exam 2021: SSLC Exams In Karnataka To Start From June 21. Check Class 10 Board Exam Details
- Lifestyle Love Playing With Colours? Then Janhvi Kapoor And Pooja Hegde’s Multicolour Fashion Pieces Are For You!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In March
Mahindra is all set to launch the next-generation model of the Scorpio SUV in the Indian market. The company is expected to introduce the new-gen SUV sometime during the first half of 2021. Ahead of its launch, the new Scorpio has been spotted testing yet again in the Indian market.
Spy images from Zigwheels, reveals a completely camouflaged test mule of the upcoming new-gen Scorpio SUV. Despite the camouflage, we could notice some of its new design elements and few other changes made to the workhorse.
Also, seems like the company is testing the next-generation at the Himalayas. This could be to check the high altitude performance of new powertrain options that are expected under the bonnet of the 2021 Scorpio.
The 2021 Mahindra Scorpio is expected to features huge upgrades over the outgoing model. It is also expected to be bigger than the current-gen model making for improved cabin space. Other features revealed from the spy images include an all-new front fascia with a wider grille, restyled LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, and reworked bumpers; among others.
The new Scorpio is also expected to receive a new boot lid design along with updated LED taillamp. The side profile of the SUV will also be new because of a bigger footprint and will feature a new alloy design as well.
Mahindra is expected to give the next-gen Scorpio a major overhaul to its interiors design as compared to the outgoing model of the SUV. Changes would start with an inclusion of a larger infotainment display that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology.
The bigger footprint of the SUV is expected to make for more space on the third-row, which could be offered with forward-facing seats on the new-gen model. The spy images also reveal the factory-fitted sunroof seen on the test mule of the SUV.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with a petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra Thar. This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit.
Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the company could offer the Scorpio with an optional automatic adding to the list of convenient features of the new-gen SUV.
Ahead of its launch, the company has registered a couple of names for the upcoming new-generation SUV. The latest name to be registered by the brand is ‘ScorpioN', which could be a performance variant of the upcoming new-gen SUV model. In addition to the ScorpioN, the company has also registered the name Sting for its workhorse.
The Sting and the N could be something similar to the AX and LX variants of the Thar catering to enthusiasts and general SUV buyers in the country. The company is yet to make an official statement on both names registered in the country for the 2021 Scorpio SUV.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch
Mahindra is all set to revamp a majority of its SUV line-up in the country. The company started off by launching the all-new Thar. The Scorpio SUV might be next in line to receive a next-generation update from the company.