- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mercedes-AMG has unveiled the GT Black Series sports car. The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is powered by the most powerful series-production V8 engine that AMG has made to date. Read more to find out.
On the outside, the Black GT Series gets some serious weight reduction compared to the other GT models, which has been done by the use of extensive use of carbon fibre. The bonnet, roof, tailgate, transmission mount and even the driveshaft is made out of carbon fibre. The car also features Lightweight forged wheels and ceramic brakes with Black Series-specific components. To furthermore reduce weight, the company has fitted the car with a thinner front and rear windshield.
The GT Black Series is also equipped with an adjustable coil-over suspension, which is combined with an adaptive damping system. Moreover, the car uses solid rear wishbone frames that have been taken straight from the AMG's motorsport programme and they improve steering sharpness and feedback. However, the exact weight of the car has not been disclosed.
Now coming to the heart of the GT Black, powering the car is a twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine. The unit produces a blistering 728bhp of power and 800Nm of peak torque. Moreover, the Black Series' V8 has been modified so much that it has been given its own engine code compared to the regular GT.
The car also features new camshafts, bigger turbos mounted with anti-friction bearings, a bigger intercooler and an uprated exhaust system. The Mercedes-AMG GT Black can catapult from 0 to 100km/h in just 3.2sec and 0 to 200km/h in 9.0sec. The car has a top speed of 325km/h. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and gets a revised Race Start function for impressive launch starts.
Thoughts About the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
Well, there has been no confirmation from the company whether it will launch the GT Black Series in India or not. But, the updated AMG GT R and the AMG 63 S GT 4-door are on sale in the Indian market and are priced at Rs 2.48 crore and Rs 2.42 crore respectively. All prices are ex-showroom India.