- 24 hrs ago Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- 24 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Launching In India On 18 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 1 day ago Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe Facelift Models Launching In India On 3 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 1 day ago Toyota Vellfire MPV Launching In India On 26 February: Details And Expected Price
- News If Rahul doesn’t return, Cong must resolve leadership issue for revival: Tharoor
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Reacts To Donald Trump’s Praise For Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan
- Sports Feels wonderful to see Ranveer, Deepika play us: Romi Dev on ''83''
- Technology How To Overclock Your Android Device For Enhanced Performance
- Lifestyle 8 Harsh Truths About Friendship That You Need To Know
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce the WagonR electric in the Indian market. The Maruti WagonR electric has been spotted testing in the Indian market on a number of occasions, with an expected public debut at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
However, ahead of its unveiling at the event, 91wheels has released a spy video showcasing the interiors of the electric WagonR for the first time.
The video showcases the Indian-spec Maruti WagonR electric model featuring a large central infotainment screen. The car can also be seen with the letters ‘B' and ‘D' written next to the gear levers; most probably indicating the drive modes on the electric hatchback.
The dashboard is, for the most part, camouflaged, however, the vertical AC vents next to the centre console and the round vents at either end can be seen. Both AC vents come with silver highlights surrounding them as well. Below the infotainment screen, another small display for the climate control functions can also be seen.
Apart from the interiors, the spy video also showcases a slight bit of the exteriors as well. This includes the easily recognisable alloy wheel design, borrowed from the Ignis. The front fascia is completely covered while the rear does reveal a slight bit of the vertically-stacked tail lights, along with the rear window wiper and defogger.
Last year, the company had deployed 50 test mules of the WagonR electric in the Indian market. This was to allow the upcoming electric hatchback to become suitable for the Indian driving conditions. However, the test mules deployed a year ago were Japanese-spec models.
Maruti Suzuki is yet to reveal the exact specifications of the WagonR electric in the Indian market. However, they have revealed that the electric hatchback will be able to offer a maximum range of around 200 kilometres on a single charge. The EV will also be offered with both standard and fast-charging technologies as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti WagonR Electric
This is the first time the interiors of the WagonR electric has been caught on camera. The Maruti WagonR electric may not be the first EV in the Indian market, however, with most brands introducing electric SUVs, the WagonR could pioneer the EV hatchback segment in the country.