- 10 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 11 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 13 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 13 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Lifestyle This Indian-American Girl Discovery Can Lead To The Development Of COVID-19 Drug
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 20 Highlights: Gauahar, Hina's Argue With Sidharth, Rubina Feels Disrespected
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2020 Released, Check Direct Link
- News Law violations cannot be condoned under pretext of human rights : India to UNHCHR chief
- Sports Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Juventus: Morata gets Pirlo off to winning start in Champions League
- Finance This Realty Stock Zooms Most In Six-Months; Brokerages Positive On The Counter
- Technology Realme Narzo 20 Review: Fits The Budget Perfectly
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
Kia Motors India has finally launched the much-awaited Sonet SUV in the Indian market. The all-new Kia Sonet is positioned in the highly-competitive sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment in the Indian market and comes with a starting price of Rs 6.71 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
During the Kia Sonet launch event, the company announced that they have received an extremely overwhelming response for the compact-SUV in the country. The company stated that the bookings for the Sonet which began in August has crossed over 25,000 units.
Kia Motors also stated that post the initial 6,500 units of bookings registered on the first day, the company continued to receive an average of 1000 units per day, until launch. Much of the bookings have been for the range-topping GTX+ variant of the Sonet SUV.
The company stated that the GTX+ variant with the diesel-automatic and turbo-petrol iMT powertrains have been the most popular choice on the Sonet compact-SUV.
Deliveries of the Kia Sonet will begin immediately, as the compact-SUV already commands a waiting period of close to 2 months. As per reports, the waiting period for the GT-line variant is currently 4 - 5 weeks, while the Tech-Line models have a slightly higher waiting period of 8 - 9 weeks.
Looking at the overwhelming demand for the Kia Sonet, the company is expecting to sell around 1 lakh units of the compact-SUV in the Indian market within the first year. The SUV will also be shipped to other international markets as well, with an export target of 50,000 units during the same time period.
All variants of the Kia Sonet come with a host of features, equipment and connected technology, which along with the bold and sporty styling make them extremely attractive offerings in the segment. The Sonet rivals other compact-SUV offerings in the market such as the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon and the Ford EcoSport to name a few.
The Kia Sonet comes powered by a choice of three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 83bhp 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol and a 120bhp 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. While the 1.2-litre engine is mated to a five-speed manual, the 1.0-litre turbo petrol offering is mated to either a six-speed iMT or a seven-speed DCT automatic.
The diesel engine comes in the form of a 1.5-litre CRDi unit, offered in two state-of-tunes. The lower state-of-tune produces 100bhp and 240Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The higher-tuned unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque and is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Bookings & Delivery Details
The Kia Sonet has been one of the most awaited cars in the Indian market, ever since its unveiling at the 2020 Auto Expo. The SUV is sure to stir-up heavy competition in the compact-SUV segment and could even pose a threat to the segment leader, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in terms of sales in the coming months.