- 36 min ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- 2 hrs ago Exide Neo Electric Rickshaw Unveiled In India: Will Feature Rear-View Camera
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R Bookings Commence: New Colour & Limited Numbers Only
- 19 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Sports ISL feature: Bengaluru FC’s consistency sets them apart
- Technology Vivo iQOO Neo With Snapdragon 855 SoC Set To Launch On October 24
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2019: These Bollywood Divas Inspired Us With Their Ethnic Outfits
- Movies Maleficent Mistress Of Evil Movie Review: This Angelina Jolie Starrer Is A Mess
- Finance Banking Services To Be Hit On Oct 22 As Unions Plan Strike
- News INX media case: CBI files charge sheet against P Chidambaram, 13 others
- Travel Tips For Choosing The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) is planning to introduce a new Activa model in the market soon. The new Honda Activa will come with a fuel-injection system and will be compliant with the upcoming emission norms.
The new Honda Activa FI will also have better fuel efficiency figures once Introduced in 2020. According to Rushlane, the new Activa scooter will be 10 per cent more fuel efficient than the current model, which already claims a mileage of 60km/l.
Note: Image used for representational purposes only
Apart from the increase in mileage figures, the new fuel-injection system will also improve the flow of fuel to the engine, reducing emission levels as well. This will further allow HMSI to make the Activa scooter compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
The Honda Activa is the best-selling scooter in the Indian market. The scooter has been on sale in India for a long time and has gone through a number of updates over the years. Currently, in its fifth-generation iteration, the Honda Activa is powered by a 110cc HET air-cooled engine producing 8bhp and 9Nm of torque.
The Honda Activa is available in two additional variants, apart from the standard — Activa i and Activa 125. The Honda Activa i uses the same 110cc engine as on the standard, however, offers a completely different design and is focussed towards women. The Honda Activa 125, on the other hand, offers a bigger 125cc engine with slight design changes compared to the standard.
The standard Honda Activa though is the most popular variant among them. It offers a number of features and equipment, such as LED headlights and position lamps, digital-analogue instrument cluster, 18-litres under seat storage capacity, USB charging port and chrome accents all around.
The Honda Activa uses a spring-loaded hydraulic suspension setup at both ends. Braking is handled by standard 130mm drum brakes at the front and rear with CBS (combi-braking system).
Thoughts On The New Honda Activa 2020 India Launch
The Honda Activa has been one of the most popular scooters in the Indian market, ever since its first launch almost two decades back. The new Activa once launched in India will be priced at a slight premium compared to the current model. It will also continue to rival the likes of the Yamaha Fascino and the TVS Jupiter in the 110cc scooter segment.