- 2 hrs ago Honda CBR 650R Sold Out In India: Bookings For The Motorcycle Put On Hold Temporarily
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For September 2019: Hero Splendor Continues To Dominate The Market
- 3 hrs ago Hema Malini Brings Home The MG Hector Sharp: An All New Dhanno
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone & Others Vote In Maharashtra Elections
- Lifestyle Nupur Sanon And Tara Sutaria Gave Us Wedding Wear Goals With Their Gorgeous Designer Lehengas
- Travel Hidlumane Waterfalls - How To Reach And Things To Do
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez escaped from the clutches of Quartararo at Motegi
- News Not stopping construction of Metro shed in Aarey, stay only on cutting trees: SC
- Technology GTA 6 Expected To Release By 2020 - Vice City Might Make A Comeback
- Finance Reliance Jio Marginally Cuts Prices Of Some Tariff Packs And Adjusts IUC
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Aston Martin has taken the wraps off the DBS Superleggera Volante, the fastest convertible ever built by the British luxury carmaker. Prices for the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante in the United Kingdom start at £247,500 (Rs 2.23 crore).
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante features an eight-layer fabric roof which takes just 14 seconds to open and 16 to close. The roof can be opened and closed from inside the drop-top supercar or from the outside with the help of a button the keyfob. Aston claims the roof compresses itself to a height a class-leading 26cm which it claims helps maximise boot space. The soft top roof is offered in eight different colours while the internal headliner can be specified in six different colour options as well.
The loss of the hardtop roof has lead to a 170-kilogramme increase in the weight of the new Volante compared to the DBS Superleggera coupé. The DBS Superleggera Volante weighs in at 1863 kilogrammes and the increase in weight means that the convertible is only marginally slower than the coupe.
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante uses the same twin-turbocharged V12 engine as the coupe. The 5.5-litre all-alloy quad overhead cam, 48-valve V12 engine pushes out 715bhp at 6,500rpm and a colossal 900Nm of peak torque from 1,800-5,000rpm. Power is sent to the rear wheels via a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission which features a carbon fibre propeller shaft.
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante sprints from 0-100km/h in 3.6 seconds, which is two-tenths of a second slower than its coupe sibling. The top speed of the new DBS Superleggera Volante super grand tourer is the same as the coupe at 340km/h (211mph).
The aerodynamic performance of the DBS Superleggera Volante has only been marginally affected compared to the coupe thanks to new deeper side strakes up front and a revised rear double diffuser. The convertible DBS Superleggera produces 177 kilos of downforce at Vmax, which is just 3 kilos less than the coupe.
Aston Martin will offer customers an extensive set of options to make their DBS Superleggera Volantes totally unique thanks to an extensive array of options for the super GT. Deliveries of the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante will start in the third quarter of 2019.