- 25 min ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 5 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Finance Dividend On MFs Now Taxable: Where To Invest For Regular Income?
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapurramloo On Netflix; Netizens Slam Makers For Fooling Audience
- News Delhi HC allows Centre's impleadment in PIL for FIRs over hate speech by 3 BJP leaders
- Technology SpaceX Reschedules Dragon Cargo Mission Due To Technical Snag
- Sports El Clasico: Real Madrid and Barcelona gear up to make history
- Lifestyle Athiya Shetty, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Radhika Apte, And Malaika Arora Have Gown Goals For Us
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Honda Motorcycles & Scooter India (HMSI) introduced the sixth-generation Activa scooter in the Indian market recently. The new Honda Activa 6G comes with a host of new updates and is offered with a starting price of Rs 63,912, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Honda Activa scooter has been on sale in the Indian market since 2001 and has received a number of updates and revisions over the years. The Activa is also the best-selling scooter in the Indian market and the latest iteration of the model hopes to continue this while also further improving sales for the brand.
The new Honda Activa 6G offers a host of new features, an updated engine and a number of subtle design changes as well. This makes the new Activa 6G look more modern, making it a more attractive offering than it already is.
That said, here are some of the top things to know about the new Honda Activa 6G:
The Honda Activa 6G is the go-to scooter in the Indian market. The scooter combines performance, comfort and fuel efficiency to offer an attractive product. Although Honda has not announced the official figures, we expect the top speed of the Honda Activa 6G to be in the range of 85 to 90km/h.
Note: these figures are just assumptions at this time, based on the previous Activa 5G model and its performance. We will update the official figures, once received.
Power & Torque Figures (Engine Specifications)
The new Honda Activa 6G comes with an updated version of the same engine, which powered the previous 5G model. However, the updated 109cc engine has been made compliant with the BS6 emission norms, set to be implemented from the 1st of April 2020.
The 109.51cc single-cylinder engine on the Honda Activa 6G produces a power output of 7.68bhp at 8000rpm and 8.79Nm of peak torque at 5250rpm.
Mileage & Fuel Tank Capacity
The Honda Activa 6G mileage is said to be 10% higher than the previous model. This is due to the introduction of the brand's PGM-Fi system along with Honda's eSP. These new technologies on the Honda Activa 6G ensure better combustion through the improved air-fuel mixture.
The Honda Activa 6G offers a mileage of around 65 - 68km/l; a 10% improvement over the previous generation model. This along with a fuel tank capacity of 5.3-litres gives the Activa 6G a decent range of 345km on a full tank of fuel.
Seat Height, Kerb Weight & Overall Dimensions
The Honda Activa 6G comes with a seat length of 692mm, which is excellent for both tall and short riders. The new Activa 6G also weighs in at 107kg; 2 kilograms less than the previous generation model.
Apart from this, the new Honda Activa 6G is also longer at 1833mm, narrower at 697mm and taller at 1156mm than the Activa 5G. It also comes with a longer wheelbase of1260mm, while having the best-in-segment ground clearance of 171mm.
Tyres, Brakes & Suspension
The Honda Activa 6G now comes with a larger 12-inch front tyre, compared to the previous generation 10-inch wheel. This includes 90/90 and 90/100 tyre profiles at the front and rear, respectively. The new Activa 6G continues to receive 130mm drum brakes at either end, supported by CBS (Combi-Braking System) as standard.
The suspension on the new Honda Activa 6G is through a set of conventional telescopic forks at the front and dual shock-absorbers at the rear. The rear suspension is also said to be offered with a 3-way adjustable setup as well.
The new Honda Activa 6G is offered in a range of six colour choices: Glitter Blue Metallic, Pearl Spartan Red, Dazzle Yellow Metallic, Black, Pearl Precious White & Matte Axis Grey Metallic.
Thoughts On The Honda Activa 6G
The Honda Activa 6G is the latest-iteration of India's best-selling scooter. With the launch of the Activa 6G, Honda hopes to further increase its commanding lead in the Indian scooter segment.
The Honda Activa 6G is also the third model from the brand to be compliant with the BS6-emission norms, after the Activa 125 and SP 125 commuter motorcycle. The Honda Activa 6G rivals the likes of the TVS Jupiter, Hero Pleasure Plus 110 and the TVS Wego in the Indian market.