- 10 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 10 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Movies Sanjivani Actor Gaurav Chopraa Shares First Glimpse Of His Baby Boy, Calls It A Miraculous Blessing
- Sports IPL 2020: MI vs CSK: Murali Vijay of Chennai Super Kings gets trolled for not using DRS review
- News 'Unfortunate': Akali Dal attacks BJP on farm bills
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Hero Electric has launched two new scooters in the Indian market — the Optima ER and the Nyx ER. The two new electric scooters are priced at Rs 68,721 and Rs 69,754, ex-showroom (India).
The two electric scooters are additions to the extended range to the standard Optima E5 and Nyx E5. The two scooter will be available in the brand's ‘high-speed series' range. The two new scooters will feature the same electric motor as the standard models. However, the new scooters will feature two battery packs instead of one.
The Hero Electric Optima ER will come with a 600W BLDC electric motor with a 48V single-battery pack. The new electric scooter will continue to offer the same performance and top-speed of 40km/h as the standard. The scooter now claims a range of 100km, with the batteries taking up to 4.5 hours to charge up completely.
The Hero Electric Nyx ER will also use the same 48V battery pack and the 600W BLDC motor as on the Optima ER. This electric scooter will also come with the same performance, top speed and range as the Optima ER offering. This includes a top speed of 40km/h and a maximum range of 100kms on a single charge.
Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric India, stated:
"We want to offer the best Hero Electric products to all our customers. One feedback we have received is the range anxiety associated with e-scooters, and with the Optima ER and Nyx ER we are addressing that issue and offering a package that is high on performance and usability. I am confident that customers will appreciate these additions alongside the FAME II benefits that have made our range even more affordable."
Apart from the launch of the two new electric scooter, Hero Electric also announced the inauguration of its new corporate office in Bangalore. This is part of the company's expansion plans for south India. Hero Electric hopes to increase customer touch points from the current 615 to over 1000 by the end of 2020.
Thoughts On The New Hero Electric Scooters Launched In India
The two new Hero Electric scooters now offer customers an extended range of options in the Indian market. The company has addressed the issue of range anxiety associated with electric scooters in the Indian market. The two new Hero electric scooters will rival the likes of the Avan Trend E, Okinawa Praise and the Ather 450 in the Indian market.