- 9 hrs ago Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- 23 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio N - All Variants Engine & Other Specifications Leaked
- 1 day ago Upcoming Toyota Hyryder Hybrid SUV Teased Ahead Of The Launch
- 1 day ago Bharat NCAP Draft Notification Approved By MoRTH: Everything You Need To Know
- News By-poll results indicate the outcome of 2024 LS elections: UP CM over BJP winning 2 seats
- Movies IIFA 2022: Watch The IIFA Green Carpet And Awards Ceremony Live On Dailyhunt
- Sports Three potential Romelu Lukaku replacement at Chelsea
- Finance Biden: G7 To Ban Russian Gold in Response To Ukraine War
- Education SBI CBO Final Result 2022 Released, Download SBI Circle Based Officer 2022 Final Result PDF At sbi.co.in
- Technology Week 25, 2022 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy F13, Tecno POVA 3, POCO X4 GT, iQOO U5e, Xiaomi Book S, And More
- Lifestyle Born In August: What Does Your Personality Trait Say About You?
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
Here are a few tips to protect exterior paint on the car. Following these steps will ensure that the car will look new for a long time. Apart from that, it will also prevent the car from rusting.
Use Car Cover
Using a car cover is the most affordable method to protect your car's paint. A simple car cover will protect the car and the car paint from external elements.
Also, if you are not planning to use your car for a long period of time, using a car cover will protect your car from dust.
Thorough Wash & Drying
It is very important that you should wash your car thoroughly as the accumulated dirt may damage the paint job and cause rusting. Apart from that, washing your car once a week ensures that external elements do not accumulate.
Moreover, drying your car after washing is also very important as the water droplets leave water spots as they dry and sometimes the moisture from water droplets can accelerate the rusting process.
A good car wax can easily last 2 to 3 months on a car. Waxing your car at regular intervals ensures that the external paint stays protected from harmful external elements such as dust and UV rays.
Moreover, the wax layer also prevents minor scratches from the body and gives the car a glossy look.
PPF or Ceramic Coating
Opting for PPF or Ceramic Coating is an expensive method to protect your car's paint. However, they also offer much better paint protection and more.
The PPF is also called the Paint Protection Film and it is essentially a transparent film that protects the car paint. The PPF has the ability to absorb the damage and offers much better protection against road debris and rock chips.
On the other hand, the Ceramic Coating is a semi-permanent layer of protection with hydrophobic characteristics. Though Ceramic Coating is not as effective as PPF against rock chips, it generally lasts longer and also gives the car a very glossy look.
Avoid Excessive Polishing
Polishing involves the use of harsh chemicals and excessive polishing can damage the company finished clear coat on your car. This will eventually lead to a very dull-looking paint job and rust.
Thoughts About Car Paint Protection
Following the above steps, it is relatively easy to extend the life of the car's exterior paint job. Apart from that, protecting the paint can also prolong rusting of the car.