- 3 min ago Bajaj Announces Extension Of Free Service & Warranty Periods For Two And Three Wheelers
- 50 min ago Madhuri Dixit’s Innova Crysta Modified By DC Designs With Ultra Luxury Interiors
- 50 min ago Honda India Foundation Pledges Rs 11 Crore To Fight Covid-19 Pandemic
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For March 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers A 47% Decline In Sales
- Technology Apple’s New Acquisition Is Dark Sky Weather App: Here’s What Changed
- Finance RBI's Moratorium On Credit Card Dues: Should You Avail It?
- Movies Prithviraj Sukumaran & Aadujeevitham Crew Stuck In Jordan: Here's What The Authorities Have To Say!
- News 2 resident doctors of Safdarjung Hospital test positive for COVID-19
- Lifestyle Ram Navami 2020: Here’s The Detail About The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance
- Sports Sanjay Manjrekar: Sweeping a ball and floor need same technique
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
MG Motor India has launched the BS6 petrol version of its Hector SUV in the market. The new MG Hector BS6 petrol is offered with a starting price of Rs 12.74 lakh for the base variant, while the top-spec petrol trim is offered at Rs 17.44 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The update from BS4 to BS6 on the MG Hector petrol variants has increased prices by Rs 26,000 across all trims. This includes the standard engine and petrol-hybrid variants. The petrol engine on the MG Hector is offered on all four trims: Style, Super, Smart & Sharp. All variants apart from the base ‘Style' trim also come with a 48V mild-hybrid system as well.
The BS6 petrol engine on the MG Hector is a 1.5-litre turbo unit producing 143bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. This is the same power and torque figures as the older BS4 unit. The petrol engine continues to be mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission unit.
The Hector, for now, will continue to offer the BS4-compliant diesel engine. This includes a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a standard six-speed manual. This is also the same engine, which powers other Hector rivals such as the Jeep Compass and the Tata Harrier as well.
Apart from the BS6 update to its petrol engine, the MG Hector SUV remains otherwise unchanged. It continues to come with a host of features and equipment as before. This includes a large 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and an embedded e-sim for internet connectivity.
Other features also include a long list of safety equipment as well, most of which are standard across all trim levels.
MG Motor will also be introducing the BS6-compliant diesel unit on the Hector soon. However, this update will be closer to the emissions deadline of 1st April 2020. Fiat has already introduced the BS6-compliant diesel engines on the lower variants of the Jeep Compass, which will be borrowed by Hector soon.
Thoughts On The MG Hector BS6 Petrol
The MG Hector is the brand's first model in the Indian market, introduced in mid-2019. The company recently also introduced its second product, in the form of the ZS EV SUV. The MG Hector is positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the upcoming Hyundai Creta.