- 13 hrs ago Top 10 Best-Selling Cars In India For March 2021: Only Two Manufacturers Dominate The List
- 18 hrs ago Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- 18 hrs ago Bajaj CT110X Launched In India Priced At Rs 55,494: The Rugged Commuter Is Here!
- 19 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increased: Electric Scooter Bookings Closed Again In India
- Movies Happy Birthday Lara Dutta: 5 Photos Which Prove That The Bell Bottom Actress Is A Cool Mom!
- Education Board Exams 2021: List Of State Board Exams Postponed
- Technology Samsung Summer Fest 2021: Discounts On Samsung Tablets
- Sports IPL: If I play the match 100 times, I would not take that single: Samson on denying Morris against PBKS
- News UK PM Boris Johnson's India visit to finalise 'Roadmap 2030' for re-energised India-UK ties
- Finance Ola Money: How to use it?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi And Nushrat Bharucha’s Stylish High Ponytails Are The Cutest Hairstyles To Rock With Mini Dresses
Bajaj Auto has launched their all-new Platina 100 Electric Start (ES) in the Indian market. The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 53,920, ex-showroom (Delhi); making it the most affordable motorcycle in India with an electric-start function.
The new Platina 100 comes with a refreshed look, offered with a number of new features and equipment, along with a few subtle cosmetic updates as well. This includes new rear-view mirrors and new body graphics offering a more youthful styling.
It also comes with LED DRLs on the headlamp units, wide rubber footpads, a longer seat offering more comfort for both rider and pillion and two new colour options: Cocktail Wine Red & Ebony Black with Silver decals.
The motorcycle comes powered by a 102cc single-cylinder air-cooled SOHC engine. It produces 7.8bhp at 7500rpm and 8.36Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm, paired with a four-speed gearbox.
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES now comes with telescopic forks at the front and hydraulic shock absorbers at the rear with a new spring-on-spring suspension setup. Bajaj states that the new setup improves shock absorption levels, offering a more comfortable ride.
Braking is handled by 130mm and 110mm drum brakes at either end, supported by Combi-Braking System (CBS) as standard. The motorcycle further rides on 17-inch wheels with 100/80 profile tubeless tyres at both ends. The motorcycle further comes with an 11-litre fuel tank capacity and has a kerb weight of 117kg.
Narayan Sundararaman, Head of Marketing, Bajaj Auto Ltd said,
"The brand Platina has an unmatched proposition of Comfort with over 7 million satisfied customers as a testament to its segment-leading attributes. The new Platina 100ES offers yet another compelling proposition at a ground-breaking price that allows the vast majority of Kick start riders to upgrade to the much-sought convenience of self-start along with the Comfort-Tec technology."
Thoughts On The All-New Bajaj Platina 100 ES Launch In India
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES as mentioned above is now the most-affordable electric-start motorcycle on road. The Bajaj 100 ES is positioned in the entry-level commuter segment and still manages to pack a host of features, making it an extremely attractive and value-for-money offering in the segment.