- 12 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: MI vs CSK: Skipper Dhoni hails Chennai’s tremendous experience for opening day win against Mumbai
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Set Work Of The Mohanlal Starrer Is Progressing!
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Indian Motorcycle have launched the FTR 1200 in the Indian market. The new Indian FTR 1200 is available in two variants: FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 Race Replica. The two motorcycles are offered with a price tag of Rs 15.99 lakh and Rs 17.99 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both variants of the Indian FTR 1200 are scrambler-style motorcycles. The FTR 1200 model is inspired by the brand's FTR 750 flat-track race bike. The FTR 1200 combines the heritage of the old race bike with modern day features and equipment.
In terms of styling, both motorcycles come with minimal bodywork, exposed frame, LED headlamp and tail lamp units, 4.3-inch touchscreen instrument display and an upswept side-mounted exhaust system.
Both the Indian FTR 1200 S and 1200 Race Replica are said to be based on an all-new platform, which will be used for future models as well, including naked street-fighters as well.
In terms of mechanicals, both the FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 Race Replica will be powered by the same engine. This includes a 1203cc liquid-cooled V-twin motor producing 120bhp and 112.5Nm of torque. It will be mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension is handled by 43mm inverted forks at the front and a fully-adjustable Piggyback IFP suspension set-up at the rear. Braking on the two motorcycles is through dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear.
The two motorcycles will also feature a number of electronic rider aids such as ABS, traction control, cruise control, six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), Bosch stability control and multiple riding modes.
The two motorcycles were introduced in the Indian market last December, with the prices for each of the model also being announced. However, the launch of the two models in the Indian market was delayed. Bookings for the two motorcycles have now begun for an amount of Rs 2 lakh, with deliveries said to begin soon.
Thoughts On The Indian FTR 1200 S & 1200 Race Replica Motorcycles Launch
The Indian FTR 1200 S & 1200 Race Replica have been inspired by the iconic FTR 750 Scout flat-track race bike. The two motorcycles have no direct rivals in the Indian market, however it will take on the likes of the BMW Nine T Scrambler and the Triumph Scrambler in the market.