- 2 hrs ago Tata Tiago & Tigor CNG Launched In India At Rs 6.09 Lakh: Variants, Specs & More Details
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Slavia Delivery Timeline Revealed: Deliveries To Commence From March Onwards
- 4 hrs ago Valentino Rossi To Race Audi R8 LMS In World GT Challenge Europe
- 5 hrs ago Honda Shine Hits 1 Crore Customers Milestone — First In 125cc Category
- News Azadi Ke Amrit Mahotsav: PM to flag off seven initiatives of Brahma Kumaris
- Finance This Bluechip Mutual Fund SIP, Top Rated By Morningstar, Given Upto 69% Returns
- Movies Bangladeshi Actress Raima Islam Shimu's Husband Shakawat Ali Nobel Confesses To Murdering Her
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: Tamil Thalaivas vs Gujarat Giants Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- Technology Xiaomi 11T Pro 5G With 120W Fast Charging Launched In India: Price Starts At Rs. 39,999
- Education Karnataka 2nd PUC Time Table 2022 Released At pue.kar.nic.in, Check Class 12 Board Exam Date Sheet Here
- Lifestyle Wall Paint - Distemper Or Emulsion? 5-Point Comparative Guide By Expert
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
Indian Motorcycles has recently launched the 2022 Chief lineup in India at Rs 20.75 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The new lineup of Indian Chief motorcycles consists of three distinct variants, each aimed at people who have a different take on the American cruiser.
The Indian Motorcycle launched the first Indian Chief motorcycle way back in 1921, and the launch of the 2022 lineup of Indian Chief in India is a homage to the 100th anniversary of the Indian Chief.
The three variants under the new 2022 Indian Chief line are the Chief Dark Horse, Indian Chief Bobber Dark Horse and the Indian Super Chief.
Out of these three, the Chief Dark Horse is the simple looking one with 'stripped-down riding experience'. Then there is the Chief Bobber Dark Horse, which gives you the quintessential feel of the post-war era, and finally, the Super Chief with its few luxuries touches and changes that egg you to spend hours on the saddle while enjoying the wind.
Commenting on the price announcement, Mr Lalit Sharma, Country Manager, Polaris India Pvt. Ltd. said, "The Chief is a hallowed brand that has a glorious history and has garnered a steadfast fan following through the years and across the globe. As an ode to this brand on its 100th anniversary, we have launched the new Chief lineup of motorcycles today that will excite every ardent cruiser enthusiast in India with their technological prowess, timeless elegance, and modern performance."
Powering the new 2022 lineup of Indian Chief motorcycles is a 1890cc V-Twin air-cooled 'Thunderstroke' petrol motor with 162Nm of torque at just 2900rpm, and all this torque is sent to the rear wheels via a 6-speed gearbox.
Indian Motorcycles says that its new 2022 Chief lineup has been designed to inspire confidence and approachable for any rider with a short wheelbase of 1626mm, 662mm seat height and a wet-weight of just 304kgs.
Speaking about the feature list, the 2022 Indian Chief lineup comes with dual outboard preload-adjustable rear shocks, dual exhaust, 15.1-litre fuel tank, LED lighting, keyless ignition, ride modes, and Pirelli Night Dragon tires.
The ride modes include three different settings - sport, standard and tour. Each ride mode gives the powertrain a different character to suit the needs of the rider.
Apart from this, in the 2022 Indian Chief lineup, ABS comes as standard across all variants, and so is the "industry-first" 101mm circular RIDE COMMAND system. According to Indian motorcycles, the riders can easily navigate through the RIDE COMMAND system using grip controls or through the touchscreen interface.
Most noticeable of the many features in the RIDE COMMAND system includes options to choose from two different gauge configurations, bike and ride information, and the very useful turn-by-turn navigation.
If the rider connects his mobile to the RIDE COMMAND system via Bluetooth or USB, the rider can also access incoming calls, call history, contacts, number pad or even text message and text message history.
More functions can be accessed such as music controls if the rider uses a wireless helmet communicator.
Thoughts About 2022 Indian Chief Motorcycles Launched In India
The new 2022 Indian Chief lineup is as American as a motorcycle can get and with a starting price just above the Rs 20 lakh mark, Indian Motorcycles are looking to build a stronger customer portfolio in India with its 2022 Chief lineup.