- 2 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- News AUKUS neither relevant to Quad nor will impact on its functioning: India's first reaction
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Indian Motorcycles has recently launched the 2022 Chief lineup in India at Rs 20.75 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The new lineup of Indian Chief motorcycles consists of three distinct variants, each aimed at people who have a different take on the American cruiser.
The Indian Motorcycle launched the first Indian Chief motorcycle way back in 1921, and the launch of the 2022 lineup of Indian Chief in India is a homage to the 100th anniversary of the Indian Chief.
The three variants under the new 2022 Indian Chief line are the Chief Dark Horse, Indian Chief Bobber Dark Horse and the Indian Super Chief.
Out of these three, the Chief Dark Horse is the simple looking one with 'stripped-down riding experience'. Then there is the Chief Bobber Dark Horse, which gives you the quintessential feel of the post-war era, and finally, the Super Chief with its few luxuries touches and changes that egg you to spend hours on the saddle while enjoying the wind.
Commenting on the price announcement, Mr Lalit Sharma, Country Manager, Polaris India Pvt. Ltd. said, "The Chief is a hallowed brand that has a glorious history and has garnered a steadfast fan following through the years and across the globe. As an ode to this brand on its 100th anniversary, we have launched the new Chief lineup of motorcycles today that will excite every ardent cruiser enthusiast in India with their technological prowess, timeless elegance, and modern performance."
Powering the new 2022 lineup of Indian Chief motorcycles is a 1890cc V-Twin air-cooled 'Thunderstroke' petrol motor with 162Nm of torque at just 2900rpm, and all this torque is sent to the rear wheels via a 6-speed gearbox.
Indian Motorcycles says that its new 2022 Chief lineup has been designed to inspire confidence and approachable for any rider with a short wheelbase of 1626mm, 662mm seat height and a wet-weight of just 304kgs.
Speaking about the feature list, the 2022 Indian Chief lineup comes with dual outboard preload-adjustable rear shocks, dual exhaust, 15.1-litre fuel tank, LED lighting, keyless ignition, ride modes, and Pirelli Night Dragon tires.
The ride modes include three different settings - sport, standard and tour. Each ride mode gives the powertrain a different character to suit the needs of the rider.
Apart from this, in the 2022 Indian Chief lineup, ABS comes as standard across all variants, and so is the "industry-first" 101mm circular RIDE COMMAND system. According to Indian motorcycles, the riders can easily navigate through the RIDE COMMAND system using grip controls or through the touchscreen interface.
Most noticeable of the many features in the RIDE COMMAND system includes options to choose from two different gauge configurations, bike and ride information, and the very useful turn-by-turn navigation.
If the rider connects his mobile to the RIDE COMMAND system via Bluetooth or USB, the rider can also access incoming calls, call history, contacts, number pad or even text message and text message history.
More functions can be accessed such as music controls if the rider uses a wireless helmet communicator.
Thoughts About 2022 Indian Chief Motorcycles Launched In India
The new 2022 Indian Chief lineup is as American as a motorcycle can get and with a starting price just above the Rs 20 lakh mark, Indian Motorcycles are looking to build a stronger customer portfolio in India with its 2022 Chief lineup.