- 7 min ago MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 1 hr ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Other Details
- Sports IPL 2020 brings cheer to sports channels as viewership, advertising rise: BARC
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Movies Anupriya Goenka On MeToo Allegations Against Anurag Kashyap: I Totally Stand By Him
- News MSP will be hiked continuously in coming years; No threat to farmers' land: Rajnath Singh
- Technology Reliance Jio Orbic Smartphone: Three Devices To Launch Soon Under Rs. 4,000
- Education NEET Result Date 2020: When NEET UG Exam Result 2020 Will Be Declared?
- Finance Indian Railways Launches Portal For Freight Service
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
Bajaj Auto unveils their all-new Chetak electric in Pune, Maharashtra. The Bajaj Chetak electric was first showcased in India back on 16th of October 2019. At the time of unveil, Bajaj also announced the start of the 'Chetak Electric Yatra', which has concluded in Pune.
Bajaj's ‘ Chetak Electric Yatra' was flagged off in Delhi on the 16th of October. Since then, 20 Chetak electric scooters have travelled over 3000km, covering most of the major cities in the northern and western parts of the country.
The Chetak Electric Yatra has concluded in Pune, where the scooters are being showcased for the first time. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooters travelled across cities such as Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Panaji, before completing the ride in Pune, at the company's corporate facility.
Talking about the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter itself, the upcoming model from the brand features a classic retro design. This includes clean curvy lines, smooth rounded-off edges and minimal body graphics. However, Bajaj has equipped the Chetak electric with modern features and technology; making it a complete package; combining the old-school design with modern equipment.
Some of the features on the upcoming electric scooter from Bajaj include: LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED blinkers, feather-touch activated electronic switches and a digital instrument cluster.
Bajaj has also stated that the Chetak electric comes with a robust build quality, using sheet metal for the bodywork. This ensures a confident, comfortable and convenient ride from the Chetak electric.
The technical specifications of the Bajaj Chetak electric is yet to be officially unveiled. However, the company has stated that the Chetak electric will use an IP-67 certified lithium-ion battery, offering a maximum range of 75km on a single charge.
Bajaj has stated that the Chetak electric will not come with fast-charging technology, as this will help them improve the efficiency and life of the batteries. The company also confirmed that the electric platform used on the e-scooter will be carried forward to future EVs from both KTM and Husqvarna as well.
The batteries on the Chetak electric will also come with an Intelligent Battery Management System (IBMS), which will help seamlessly discharge the charge from the batteries. Bajaj will also be offering a home-charging unit, along with the electric scooter at a nominal cost. The scooter will also come with regenerative braking to further maximise the range of the EV.
The Bajaj Chetak electric will also feature a fully-connected ride, using mobility solutions. This will allow the rider to keep track of the electric scooters health and a host of other rider aids as well.
Thought On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Showcased In Pune
Bajaj has brought back the ‘Chetak' moniker to the Indian market after 14 years. The Bajaj Chetak electric is scheduled to go on sale in India by January-2020. Once launched in India, the electric scooter will rival the likes of the Ather 450 and other Okinawa product range.