- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 40,000 Units Mark: Production Increased To Meet The Demand
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield 650 Twins New Colour Options Leaked: Here Are The Details
- Sports India vs England: Virat Kohli's wife Anushka Sharma, daughter Vamika arrive to watch Pink Ball Test
- Movies Pagglait Teaser: Sanya Malhotra Has A Bizarre Reaction To Her Hubby's Death In This Quirky Comedy
- Technology Realme Buds Air 2 TWS Earbuds Review: Gratifying Performance Fused With ANC On Budget
- Lifestyle Mrunal Thakur Takes Over The Spotlight With Her Bold Purple Eye Shadow And Pink Lipstick Look
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In March 2021
- News Retirement age of Tamil Nadu government enhanced
- Finance 10-16 IPOs Lined Up For Launch In March 2021
- Education CSIR UGC NET Result 2021 Declared, Check Result Link At csirnet.nta.nic.in
The 2021 KTM 890 Duke has been globally unveiled. The new 890 Duke will be a replacement to the old Duke 790 KTM which has been discontinued post the arrival of the stricter Euro 5 emissions.
The new KTM 890 Duke will be positioned below its more powerful 890 R variant. It will, however, borrow the same chassis, engine and body panels as its more powerful variant. The new Duke 890 carries forward the same design and styling as its predecessor.
This includes the same LED headlamps, LED tail lights, fuel tank design, seats and others. The only differentiating factor between the 2021 KTM Duke 890 and its predecessor is the new paint scheme with the new body graphics. The new 890 Duke now comes in two colours: Black & Orange. The motorcycle also comes with a blacked-out frame, instead of the orange seen on other KTM models.
The new (2021) KTM 890 Duke also weighs in at the same 169 kilograms as the 790 Duke. However, the seat height on the Duke 890 is 5mm lower than on its predecessor, which provides better accessibility.
Powering the 2021 KTM 890 Duke is the same 889cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine, which is on the 890 R. The engine on the standard version, however, has been slightly de-tuned, now producing 115bhp at 9000rpm and 92Nm of peak torque 8000rpm. It is paired with the same six-speed gearbox and comes with two-way quick-shifter as standard.
Apart from this, the 2021 KTM 890 Duke features a host of other electronic rider aids as well. This includes a 6D lean angle sensor with IMU assist, nine-stage traction control and multiple ride modes (Rain, Street & Sport); among others.
The KTM 890 Duke once introduced in the global markets will take on the likes of the Triumph Street Triple R and the Ducati Monster.
Thoughts On The 2021 KTM 890 Duke
The KTM 890 Duke is expected to enter the Indian market sometime by late-2021. However, KTM is yet to officially announce the same. Once introduced in India, the new 890 Duke will replace the 790 Duke in the brand's lineup. Prices for the 2021 KTM Duke 890 in India will be in the Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom range.