- 8 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 17 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 20 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Finance Fuel Rates: Petrol, Diesel Remain Unchanged For Second Straight Day
- Technology Apple M1 Pro, Apple M1 Max Explained: Most Powerful Apple Silicon
- Movies Aha To Premiere Shekar Kammula’s Record-Breaking Super Hit - Love Story Starring Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi
- News Rain fury sweeps through India: 27 dead in Kerala, 5 in Uttarakhand; several other states affected
- Sports T20 World Cup: India vs England Warm-Up Game, Highlights: Rahul, Kishan shine as India notch up 7-wicket win
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Mahindra XUV300 to get a 130 Bhp petrol engine soon. This new engine was previously showcased in the XUV300 Sportz concept from Auto Expo 2020.
Though Mahindra hasn't yet launched the XUV300 sports, the engine sported by the vehicle will soon be available in the standard XUV300.
The uprated engine is a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder direct-injection turbocharged petrol engine like the standard petrol engine in the outgoing XUV300, however, Mahindra has now tuned it to produce 20 Bhp and 30Nm more.
This takes the engine output to 130 Bhp and 230Nm of torque and would make the XUV300 the most powerful SUV in the sub-4-metre segment.
However, we are not sure whether Mahindra is planning to launch the XUV300 Sportz that was showcased at the last Auto Expo.
The XUV300 Sportz sported red brake calipers, decals on the front and rear doors that spelt "Sportz", and an all-black interior colour scheme with few red accents to accentuate the sporty theme.
There are also rumours that Mahindra may introduce the more powerful 130 Bhp turbo petrol engine alongside the existing turbo petrol motor.
At present, the XUV300 comes in four trim levels - W4, W6, W8, and W8 (O). If the above rumour is true, then Mahindra is more likely to offer the more powerful 130 Bhp 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine in the top two trim levels.
However, there is also a chance that Mahindra will entirely replace the existing 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine with the more powerful unit as is already BS6 compliant and introducing it as separate trim can cause confusion among the buyers.
At present Mahindra XUV300 comes with a choice of two engines; One petrol and one diesel engine. The petrol motor is a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder direct-injection turbocharged unit with 110 Bhp and 200Nm of torque, whereas the diesel motor is a larger 1.5-litre turbocharged unit with 116 Bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a 6-speed manual transmission as standard, however, there is a 6-speed automated manual transmission (AMT) as an option.
Mahindra XUV300 prices start from Rs 7.96 lakh (ex-showroom) for the base petrol variant, whereas the top-end diesel variant with AMT gearbox and dual-tone paint scheme costs Rs 13.33 lakh (ex-showroom).
If Mahindra decides to replace the outgoing petrol engine with the more powerful unit, expect a slight bump in ex-showroom prices.
Having said that, Mahindra is also gearing up for the launch of the all-new Scorpio which has been spotted testing multiple times.
This will be Mahindra's next major launch in India, and we expect it to arrive before the second half of the next year.
Thoughts About More Powerful XUV300
With the 130 Bhp petrol engine, the XUV300 will become the most powerful sub-4-metre SUV in India. That being said, the upgrade will make the XUV300 more visible on the buyer's radar and will make it a more exciting proposition than before.
Apart from this, it will also give Mahindra an opportunity to add more features to the already feature-packed XUV300.