- 10 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 14 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 17 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Disha Patani Asks, 'Humare Friend Banoge?' Kickstarts #TheYKKAGroove
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Japanese carmaker Honda is all set to debut the all new ZR-V compact SUV this coming week GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS). The all-new Honda ZR-V is expected to make its way into India and will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and the Hyundai Venue.
A few months back in August, Honda had stated that it was planning to bring a brand new SUV to India. The new ZR-V is expected to replace the current WR-V compact SUV in the Indian market.
The all-new ZR-V is expected to feature a more sharp SUV-esque design with a few party tricks, unlike the current WR-V which features more of a MPV like look. The new ZR-V is expected to feature sleek LED headlights with daytime running lights. At the rear, the taillights are also expected to be full LED units. The RS version of the ZR-V is expected to get a few more sporty tweaks and larger alloy wheels, though the RS spec isn't expected to arrive in India if Honda brings the new SUV to the country.
The coupe-esque sloping roof design of the SUV is sure to attract a few eyeballs as will the spoiler at the back of the SUV.
The all-new Honda ZR-V is expected to draw power from the 1.5-litre petrol engine found in the City sedan. In the City, the engine produces 119bhp and 145Nm of peak torque. The new Honda ZR-V will also share the same platform as the new City and like the sedan, the new SUV is expected to come under the 4 metre mark in terms of overall length. Another engine that could make its way under the bonnet of the new compact SUV from Honda is the brand's 1.2-litre petrol powerplant found in the Amaze.
Thoughts About The Honda ZR-V
Not much is known about the Honda ZR-V and there are chances that this could very well not be the SUV that Honda is planning for India.
However, if it does come to India it will have to deal with a compact SUV market that is currently overcrowded in terms of offerings from manufacturers. The number of compact SUVs on offer is well into the double figures now and unless Honda really thinks that the new SUV, which will be making its global debut next week in Indonesia, can really bring the X-factor that is needed to draw the Indian car buyer away from already available offerings.
The new Honda ZR-V may also end up being the mid-size SUV that Honda was hoping to rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.
If it is their new offering for this less crowded segment, then Honda does look like it has a better chance of giving its rivals a bloody nose. However, the new mid-size SUV from Honda is not expected to hit Indian roads till 2023, and seeing the ZR-V on the Indonesian stage may very well be the only we will see of the new SUV for at least a year and a bit. Till then, let's keep our fingers crossed and wait for the SUV to actually debut.