- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports India vs England: Never seen cricket ball turn like that: Ben Foakes on the last two Test matches
- News PM, Shah should ask officials to cooperate in probe: Uddhav Thackeray
- Movies Rana Daggubati Reveals Another Poster Of Haathi Mere Saathi; The Trailer To Release On March 4
- Education AISSEE Result 2021: NTA To Release Sainik School Entrance Exam Result 2021 Anytime Soon
- Technology iQOO 3 Receives Price Cut, Now Starts At Rs. 24,990
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Tesla earlier this month had a discussion with the Karnataka Government that the company is likely to invest in a research facility in Bengaluru. This news was reported by ET Auto. The talks about the facility are still at the initial stage and a followup meeting is supposed to take place by the end of this month during which the state officials are expected to present a detailed proposal to the Tesla executives.
If this research facility opens in Bengaluru, then India will be the second country after the US where Tesla will be having a research centre. Also, this development would bump up Karnataka's image with a very high-profile. However, Karnataka is already known as a research and development hub for sectors such as aviation, biotechnology, and information technology. Bengaluru is also a home to several other large R&D centres, which include General Electric's first and largest global lab outside the US, John F. Welch Technology Centre (JFWTC), IBM, Samsung and many more.
We had also reported earlier that Elon Musk pulled the covers off the Tesla Model 3 on March 31, 2016. The Model 3 was released in July 2017, more than 5,00,000 people had already pre-order the car, among which 232,000 had done so in the first two days after the EV's unveiling. However, someone asked Elon Musk via twitter that when will the Model 3 launch in India, as he had booked the car 4 years ago. To which Musk replied: "Sorry, should hopefully be soon!". This indicates that the Model 3 will be launching sometime soon in the Indian market.
Presently, Tesla offers four models that include the Model S, Model 3, Model X, Roadster and Model Y. However, the Tesla Model 3, will be offered in three variants - Performance, Long Range AWD and Standard Plus. Speaking about performance, in a sprint of 0 to 100km/h the performance variant does it in 3.6 seconds whereas the standard and long-range variants take 5.3 seconds and 4.4 seconds, respectively.
Thoughts About The Tesla Opening A Research Facility In India
Well, it will be really nice if Tesla opens a research facility in India and we are very eagerly waiting for the company to enter the Indian market. Long gone are those days when electric vehicles were considered boring and drab. Thanks to Tesla, these electric cars are extremely fast and they are also fun-to-drive.