- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The three-wheeler passenger carrier segment of the Indian market, better known as autorickshaws have suffered a massive decline in sales in April-October 2020, compared to the same period in 2019.
The segment has fallen by 85 per cent, registering just 49,544 units of total sales, compared to 3.30 lakh units of sales during the period of April - October 2019. The COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown has taken away a major chunk of the sales, with the segment struggling to get back to normal. This along with the increase in demand for personal mobility is said to have further dented the sales in the segment.
|Rank||OEM||Model||April-October 2020||April-October 2019||Percentage|
|11||Scooters India||Vidyut Passenger||11||0||-|
|13||Scooters India||Vikram 450D||0||544||-100%|
|15||Scooters India||Vikram 1500CG||0||111||-100%|
|16||Scooters India||Vikram 750D AC||0||697||-100%|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
Bajaj has managed to dominate the sales in the segment, with its RE and Maxima offerings. What is interesting to see is that the sales of the Bajaj RE alone in April-October 2019 is 3 times more than the total segment sales in 2020. The Bajaj RE registered 16,363 units of sales between the April-October 2020 period, with its sibling, the Maxima coming in second with a little over 12,000 units of sales.
The Piaggio models Ape Auto and Ape City come in third and fourth, respectively. The Piaggio Ape Auto registered 6,492 units and the Ape City recorded 4,224 units of sales during the period. TVS King 4S with 3,591 units of sales completes the top-five three-wheeler models in India between the April-October 2020 sales period.