- 10 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 14 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 17 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Discount Offer On New Apple iPhones
- Movies Exclusive: Rumi Jaffery Writes On Sushant Singh Rajput - Read His Heartfelt Note
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Royal Enfield sold a total of 5,73,438 units during the financial year 2020-2021. Even though it is a highly respectable sales number, we cannot overlook the fact the FY21 also saw a decline in overall sales numbers and accounted for just 87 percent of sales compared to last financial year (2019-2020). This is a deficit of 83,213 units which is about 13 percent.
Royal Enfield's overall sales decline can be attributed to the sales decline of two models — the Royal Enfield Classic 350 and Royal Enfield Bullet 350. These two models are responsible for 80 percent of the overall sales at Royal Enfield and a dip in the sales of the two models played out on the bigger picture of Royal Enfield.
At 3,61,140 units sold, the Classic 350 saw a 9 percent dip in sales while there was a decline of almost 25 percent in sales of the Bullet 350. The overall sales figures were further pulled down by an almost 50 percent decline in the sales of the Royal Enfield 650 Twins, registering just 10,256 units as sold in the financial year 2021.
Even though the Royal Enfield Himalayan was never an outstanding sales model, it too registered an 11.37 percent decline in sales at 13,562 units. However, not all models' sales numbers plummeted down.
The Royal Enfield Bullet Electra Twin Spark is an example of this. The Royal Enfield Bullet Electra Twin Spark registered an 11 percent growth in sales by selling 50,579 units in the financial year 2020-21 compared to selling just 45,545 units in the financial year 2019-20.
The overall sales numbers were further held together by the newly introduced Meteor 350, which registered 39,893 units as sold and accounted for almost 7 percent of the overall sales. Adding to the decline in sales is the number of lockdowns the country wenth through as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield's Overall Sales In FY 2020-21
Royal Enfield witnessed an overall sales decline of almost 13 percent during the past financial year, and by dissecting the numbers it is clear that a majority of Royal Enfield's sales are dependent on just one model, the Royal Enfield Classic 350.
With the launch of the new Royal Enfield Meteor 350, the wait for an updated Classic 350 may have deterred many loyal Royal Enfield enthusiasts from buying the outgoing model. The new Royal Enfield Classic 350 is expected to be launched soon.