- 7 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
The all-New 2022 Mahindra Scorpio may make its official debut on June 20. This particular date is very special as it marks the 20th anniversary of the 'Scorpio' SUV.
The Scorpio is a special SUV for Mahindra as the SUV has been a game-changer for the Indian automaker in many ways.
The first-gen Mahindra Scorpio SUV was conceptualised and designed by the automaker's own design and manufacturing team. However, since Mahindra at that time lacked the technical knowledge to handle such an advanced project of building a modern SUV, the automaker pulled a few strings and hired a bunch of high-level executives from reputed automobile companies across the globe.
The main highlight of the project was that the design, engineering, testing, validation and material selection of the Mahindra Scorpio was carried out completely by suppliers with inputs from the Mahindra team regarding the design, specifications, performance, and program cost.
That being said, Mahindra has been developing the all-new Scorpio SUV for quite some time now, In fact, the prototype model of the upcoming new Scorpio has been spotted testing several times with the prototype Mahindra XUV700.
This means that the upcoming all-new Mahindra Scorpio has been developed alongside the Mahindra XUV700 and it is safe to expect more than a few common features and electrical bits on both the SUVs.
In terms of the design of the upcoming new Mahindra Scorpio, it is a handsome-looking SUV with a lot of design inspiration from the outgoing Scorpio and XUV-lineup of SUVs.
The upcoming new Scorpio is likely to come with a robust body-on-frame chassis and will come with two engine options. This powertrain option will include both the 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine and the 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine.
However, these powertrain units are most likely to come in a lower state of tune compared to the ones in the Mahindra XUV700. This is to avoid direct competition with the Mahindra XUV500.
Like the new Mahindra XUV700 and Mahindra Thar, the all-new Mahindra Scorpio will come with both 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic transmission as options. In addition to that, the top-end variant of the upcoming new Mahindra Scorpio is expected to come with an advanced shift-on-fly four-wheel-drive system.
In terms of features, the upcoming Mahindra Scorpio will come with features such as a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, connected car tech, wireless charging pad, cooled glovebox, digital instrument cluster, and much more.
We expect Mahindra to price the all-new Scorpio aggressively with a starting price close to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The All-New 2022 Mahindra Scorpio
The Mahindra Scorpio has been serving the Indian automotive market for quite some time without a generation update and we expect the upcoming new Scorpio to become one of the best-selling SUVs in the market when launched.