- 14 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 18 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: Telugu Titans vs Bengaluru Bulls Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- Movies How I Met Your Father Season 1 Review: Hilary Duff's Show Plays On Nostalgia But Lacks Original's Charm
- Technology Realme 9i Vs Realme 8i: Is The Precursor Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle Active Covid-19 Cases Highest In 237 Days
- News Madhya Pradesh: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s museum in Jabalpur central jail barracks opened for public
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
Land Rover India launches the 2021 Discovery Sport at Rs 88.06 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The premium luxury SUV is offered in three engine options and can be booked online at the brand's website. Deliveries of the Discovery Sport is said to begin soon.
Exterior Design & Features
The design has not changed much and features subtle tweaks. The SUV continues to feature the clamshell bonnet, the stepped roof and the highly visible C-pillar. The exterior changes on the new Discover include:
- New LED headlights & Integrated LED DRLs
- Revised front bumper
- New side vents
- New LED taillamps
- Gloss black panel on the boot lid
Interiors, Features & Technology
The interiors of the Discovery have also received a couple of updates and features more technology. This includes:
- 11.4-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Pivi Pro technology
- 12.3-inch instrument cluster
- full-screen 3D navigation
- PM2.5 air filtration technology
- Click and Go tablet holders
- USB-A charging ports
- Dual-zone climate control
- Power-operated front seats
- Panoramic sunroof
The new SUV also features the brand's SOTA technology, which allows owners to update as many as 44 individual electronic modules, without the inconvenience of visiting a Retailer.
Additionally, the seven-seat Discovery can be configured to free up more boot space ranging from 157 litres to over 1600 litres. The SUV also features Land Rover's new second-generation Activity Key, which includes touchscreen controls, a digital watch and can lock, unlock and start the vehicle remotely.
Engine & Transmission
Land Rover is offering three engine options with the Discovery Sport: P300, P360 and D300. All engines come paired to a 9-speed automatic as standard with power sent to all wheels.
P300 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol
- Max power: 296bhp
- Peak torque: 400 Nm
P360 3.0-litre six-cylinder petrol
- Max power: 355bhp
- Peak torque: 500 Nm
D300 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel
- Max power: 296bhp
- Peak torque: 650Nm
The SUV also features the brand's Terrain Response system with a host of modes. Regarding safety as well, the Discovery Sport is loaded with a ton of features to ensure the occupants are safe. This includes airbags, front and rear sensors, parking camera, traction control and the list goes on.
Thoughts About The 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport India Launched In India
All in all, the 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport is an enhanced version of the brand's yet another off-road SUV offering. The SUV features a host of equipment and technology wrapped in leather on the inside and a striking and muscular stance on the outside.