- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Chevrolet has introduced the iconic 2020 Corvette Stingray in the international market. It is the brand's first-ever production mid-engine Corvette. The company has said that the 2020 Stingray will offer more performance, better technology and luxury.
GM President Mark Reuss stated, "The Corvette has always represented the pinnacle of innovation and boundary-pushing at GM. The traditional front-engine vehicle reached its limits of performance, necessitating the new layout."
He also mentioned that "In terms of comfort and fun, it still looks and feels like a Corvette, but drives better than any vehicle in Corvette history. Customers are going to be thrilled with our focus on details and performance across the board."
The new mid-engine layout gives the 2020 Stingray gives the car an excellent weight distribution and keeping the rear hunkered down in a straight line and on the track. The driver is now positioned closer to the front axis, which is almost on top of the front wheel.
Despite the exterior changes the 2020 Stingray is still unmistakably a Corvette. The car is lean and muscular, with an athletic sculptural shape conveying a sense of motion and power from every angle.
Michael Simcoe, vice president of Global Design, General Motors stated: "As America's most iconic performance nameplate, redesigning the Corvette Stingray from the ground up presented the team a historic opportunity, something Chevrolet designers have desired for over 60 years."
Some of the highlights are a low profile headlamps designed with all-new projectors, hidden door, hood and hatch releases do not disrupt the sculpted design, large side air intakes and aerodynamic performance. Also, the car gets quad exhaust tips and dual-element LED taillamps with animated turn signals.
Powering the 2020 Stingray is Chevy's next-generation 6.2-litre, V-8 LT2 engine, which is the only naturally aspirated V-8 in the segment. It produces 460bhp and 630Nm of peak torque. The car catapults from 0 to 100km/h in just 3.7 seconds.
There is a Z51 Performance Package, which on installing the car will pump out 495bhp and 640Nm of torque. A 0 to 100 has been claimed to be under the three-second mark.
Thoughts On The 2020 Stingray Corvette
Chevrolet is such an amazing American brand and has launched the 2020 Stingray globally. However, we would like to see that car on the Indian shores because Ford also launched the Mustang here and it was a success.