- 14 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 18 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 19 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News Alisha Patel, first trans woman to be recognized by Gujarat govt, gets transgender identity card
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 July 24 Highlights: Arjun Bijlani, Shweta Tiwari, Sourabh Raj Win Lockets!
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Defending champion Andy Murray withdraws from singles with quad issue
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
TVS Motor Company is one of the few mainstream auto manufacturers offering an electric two-wheeler in the Indian market. The brand's iQube electric scooter was first launched in Bengaluru last year.
The electric scooter sales recently expanded to Delhi. However, the company is now gearing up to expand sales of the iQube to 20 cities across the country. This includes Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, and Kolkata; among others.
The company is yet to announce the list of cities that will see the launch of the iQube electric scooter. KN Radhakrishnan, Director & CEO of TVS confirmed the sales expansion plans of the electric scooter to 20 cities in India.
The TVS iQube electric scooter retails at Rs 1.20 lakh and Rs 1.08 lakh on-road in Bangalore and Delhi, respectively. Prices are inclusive of the FAME II and state subsidies offered for EVs. The company is also offering attractive finance schemes with easy repayment options.
The price also includes a 3-year/50,000km warranty, lifetime SmartXonnect basic features, 1-year RSA (Road-Side Assistance), standard accessories, on-board charger, and 1-year SmartXonnect advance subscription.
The iQube is powered by a 4.4kW hub-mounted electric motor, paired with 3 lithium-ion battery packs. The electric powertrain offers a maximum range of 75km on a single charge (Eco mode) while having a top speed of 80km/h.
The iQube can accelerate from standstill to 40km/h in 4.2 seconds (claimed). TVS also claims that the electric scooter can charge from 0 to 75 per cent in around four hours. A 0 to 100 per cent charge will take over five hours.
The iQube electric scooter features LED headlamps, LED taillights, a large TFT instrument console, Q-park assist, regenerative braking and more. It also features the brand's SmartXonnect connected technology.
The TVS iQube primarily rivals the Ather 450X and the Bajaj Chetak Electric in the Indian market. Both rival brands of the TVS have also announced a vast expansion plan to increase sales of their electric scooters in the country.
Thoughts About The TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Expansion
The demand for electric scooters continues to rise across the country. The Indian government are in favour of faster EV adoption by introducing various solutions to increase EV sales. TVS is looking to bank on the current trend and expand sales of the iQube electric scooter to other EV acceptable markets soon in the country.