- 11 min ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Service Expands To New Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Honda Dio BS6 Prices Increased For The Third Time Since Launch: New Price List Details
- 2 hrs ago New Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.26 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Turtle Wax Opens Three Premium Car Care Detailing Studios Across India
- Finance Elon Musk Becomes Second Richest Person In The World; Overtakes Bill Gates
- Lifestyle American Music Awards 2020: The Divas Prove All That Glitters Is Also Silver With Silver Attire
- News What PM Modi told about India's COVID-19 vaccine at the meet with CMs today
- Movies 'Sons Of Soil: Jaipur Pink Panther': Amazon Prime Video And Abhishek Bachchan Unveil Trailer
- Technology Everything You Should Know About WhatsApp Scam
- Sports India vs Australia: Shikhar Dhawan unveils Team India's Retro Jersey and Kit for the upcoming series against Australia
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
The Jawa Motorcycles facility in Pitampur is said to have started production of face shields to fight against the deadly coronavirus pandemic in India. The face shields will be distributed to doctors and healthcare workers treating COVID-19 patients.
Apart from the production of face shields, Jawa Motorcycles also announced that they are distributing over 1000 food packets every day. These food packets are being prepared at the company's factory kitchen, before being distributed to the poor in areas around the facility.
Anand Mahindra applauded the efforts of the Pithampur factory on twitter. He also shared photos of factory workers while stating, "All hands on deck! Thank you, M&M, Pitampura! I'm glad the home of the Jawa bike is displaying such character & commitment."
Jawa Motorcycles, which is part of the Mahindra Group, announced that they would be suspending production of motorcycles at their facility from the 24th of March 2020. This announcement came in-line with PM Narendra Modi's decision to put the entire country under lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus in the country.
Mahindra has also announced that they are also producing ventilators and other medical equipment required at their various factories as well. The company recently took to twitter to showcase the prototypes of the Ventilators which were ready for approval.
The company stated that once all the approvals are received, the factories will start scaling up production of the medical equipment. These will then be distributed to doctors and all healthcare workers across the country, fighting against the coronavirus pandemic — here are the details.
Apart from Mahindra, many other manufacturers are also pledging their support for the central and state governments to fight the deadly virus. Automotive brands are offering different kinds of support, including PPE production, monetary donations or distribution of food packets and other essentials.
Thoughts On Jawa Motorcycles Producing Face Shield & Distributing Food Packets
With the entire country under lockdown and production being suspended, many automotive manufacturers are using the facilities to offer their support to the governments in whatever way possible. It is good to see all manufacturers come together at this difficult time and offer their support in containing the coronavirus pandemic in the country.