- 22 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 24 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Sports TNPL 2019: Kovai Kings vs Kanchi Veerans: Mukund powers Kings to big win
- News Pak PM Imran Khan to meet Trump to reboot ties
- Movies Nikamma First Look: Abhimanyu Dassani & Shirley Setia Team Up For Sabbir Khan's Action Entertainer!
- Finance Bond Yield Rise After RBI's Das Says Future Policy Stance To Depend On Upcoming Data
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Tata Tiago & Tigor JTP Launch Details: Tata Motors will launch the new performance-focussed Tiago and Tigor JTP models in the country on October 23. Both cars have been spotted testing on public roads many times, hinting to a near-approaching launch. The JTP models will come only in a petrol format and showcase much higher performance figures compared to the regular model.
It was only recently when Tata Motors launched the new Tiago NRG and Tigor facelift. The legendary Indian car company has got quite a few models lined up for launch in the coming months. Besides the JTP models, Tata Motors will also launch the new Harrier SUV, for which the company has already started accepting bookings.
As for the Tiago and Tigor JTP, the cars are developed under a joint venture (between Tata Motors and Coimbatore-based Jayem Automotives) called JT Special Vehicles. In case you didn't know, JTP stands for 'Jayem Tata Performance'.
The new Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP will be the first models to come from the venture while a Nexon JTP is also in the plans as per rumours. Since there is the new EcoSport S in the fun-to-drive compact-SUV category, the Tata Nexon JTP is something you can expect.
Both the new JTP products, in comparison with the regular models, feature sportier bumpers, a larger air intake, side skirts, dual-tip exhausts and a lot of other cosmetic enhancements. The cars ride on a set of 15-inch six-spoke alloy wheels. The Tiago JTP also gets blacked-out headlamps, unlike the regular model.
But the most important changes have happened under the bonnet. The new Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP are powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol; the same unit as on the Tata Nexon but re-tuned to produce more than 110bhp and 150Nm of torque. The engine will come mated only to a 5-speed manual transmission.
India first saw the Tiago and Tigor JTP at Auto Expo 2018. Since then, everyone was eagerly waiting for Tata Motors to launch the cars. Once launched, it will be a strong and affordable alternative to the Maruti Baleno RS and Volkswagen Polo GT. The expected pricing is in the range of Rs 6 – 8 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Tata Tiago & Tigor JTP Models
Though accounting less to the overall sales, performance-focussed cars acquire a niche yet an important portion of the market. Preferred mostly by those who have the love for driving, affordable performance cars are concentrated to provide the best driving experience without having to shell out a lot. With the new Tiago and Tigor JTP, Tata Motors aims to do the very same.