- 6 min ago CF Moto Readies Four Motorcycles For July 2019 Launch — The Chinese Invasion
- 12 min ago Kia Seltos’ Specifications, Dimensions & Other Details Revealed
- 26 min ago Renault Kwid Electric Spied Testing In India — A Possible Launch In The Future?
- 1 hr ago Yamaha YZF R3 Records Zero Sales In May 2019 — Need To Rethink Pricing?
- Lifestyle Of Subtle Orange And Fiery Red, Jacqueline's Gown Has A Sari Touch
- Movies SHOCKING! Kangana Ranaut's Sister Rangoli Claims Hrithik Roshan's Family Used To Sedate Sunaina Rosh
- Technology Jio GigaFiber Plans To Take Market By Storm With Its Upcoming Rs. 600 combo
- Finance Interest Rate On Small Savings Schemes To Be Reduced For July-Sept Qtr
- Sports World Cup head-to-head: West Indies have beaten Sri Lanka four times
- News Video shows bizarre Ewok-like creatures near cave of Krabi coast
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tata Nexon JTP Launch Details Confirmed: Tata Motors has officially confirmed that the JTP-version of the Tata Nexon is in the plans. The officials shared the information at the launch event of the new Tata Tiago NRG. JTP stands for Jayem Tata Performance and is a collaboration of Tata Motors with Coimbatore-based Jayem Automotives.
Although the team confirmed that there will be a JTP-version of the Nexon and future Tata models it won't happen any time soon. For the same reason, we expect the Tata Nexon JTP to be launched as late as 2020. But here are some things you can expect!
The Tata Nexon JTP is a performance-focussed version of the regular Nexon compact-SUV. Currently, there are no JTP models on sale but it won't be the case for long. The Tiago JTP is scheduled for launch soon and the car was spotted testing many times recently. Even the Tigor JTP was spotted running publicly in camouflage.
The Nexon JTP will be based on the petrol variant of the regular model. However, since the launch will happen only in at least one and a half years, there are chances for it to be based on the next-generation Tata Nexon. If that is the case, the Nexon JTP could even have a new petrol engine compliant to BS-VI.
The current Tata Nexon petrol is powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged three-cylinder Revotron petrol engine which makes 108bhp and 170Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a 6-speed manual or an AMT unit.
However, the Tata Nexon JTP will come only in a manual format for more driving engagement. The gear ratios will be ratioed shorter while the overall performance figures will be much higher. To ensure that the compact-SUV rides planted, the suspension will be made stiffer and the steering could be weighted further.
Besides all these updates, the Tata Nexon JTP will also feature some unique cosmetic updates to differentiate it from the regular model. This includes a more dynamic pair of bumpers, larger wheels, red highlights on the exterior and interior as on the Tiago JTP; a bit lower ground clearance, blacked-out details and a dual-tip exhaust.
As of now, there is only one rival for a possible Tata Nexon JTP — the Ford EcoSport S.
*all the images shown are for representational purposes only.
**the silver model is the Nexon Aero which was showcased at Auto Expo 2018
Thoughts On The Upcoming Tata Nexon JTP
The Tata Nexon JTP will be surely launched on the market soon but Tata Motors is yet to share an official launch date. All the things we've shared are based on rumours and information observed from the recent Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP which were first showcased at Auto Expo 2018.
In the coming days, more details will be revealed about the Tata Nexon JTP. But in the meantime, what do you wish to see in a performance-focussed version of the Tata Nexon?