- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 9 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News Andhra Pradesh Assembly passes the 3 capital resolution Bill 2020
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tata Motors had revealed the 45X concept hatchback at the Auto Expo 2018. The prototype version of the premium hatchback has been spotted several times on Indian roads. Now, DriveSpark reader Sijin Samuel has sent us the images of the Tata 45X premium hatchback which is parked alongside the Harrier SUV in a parking lot in Chennai.
The Tata 45X is a premium hatchback which is based on the Alpha platform and will feature the new Impact Design 2.0 design philosophy. The spotted hatchback is finished in a heavily camouflaged livery, but we can see that the car is finished in orange colour and the honeycomb grille and the air dam is also visible.
The Tata 45X premium hatchback is equipped with temporary headlights, which suggest that it might be a prototype model. As the hatchback is parked alongside the Harrier SUV, we can see how large are the body proportions. The premium hatchback will take on the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai i20 when launched in India.
On the other hand, the Tata Harrier is also equipped with temporary headlight and indicators. The SUV is also heavily camouflaged and the front grille and the air dam is also visible. The Tata Harrier is equipped with five-spoke alloy wheels which adds to the sporty look of the SUV.
The interior of the top-spec Tata Harrier SUV features a large touchscreen infotainment display, leather seat upholstery, silver accents on the dashboard and a unique handbrake lever behind the manual gear lever.
The interior of another variant of the Harrier sports a slightly smaller touchscreen infotainment system and we can also see a dial on the centre console which is likely to be for the different driving models. The overall layout of the cabin looks premium.
The Tata 45X premium hatchback is likely to draw power from the existing 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The Tata Harrier SUV is expected to utilise a 2-litre diesel engine with a power output of 140bhp and 320Nm of torque.
The Harrier will be offered with a 6-speed manual and an automatic gearbox. The 45X premium hatchback will also get a manual and an automatic or AMT gearbox.
Thoughts On The Tata 45X Premium Hatchback
The Tata 45X will be a premium hatchback which will rival the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai i20. We expect the premium hatchback to be launched in the Indian market by the end of 2019. On the other hand, the Tata Harrier SUV will be launched in the first half of 2019.