- 30 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 1 day ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Movies Marvel Announces 'Thor: Love And Thunder', Waiti To Direct With Hemsworth, Portman In Lead
- News Cong Leader Natwar Singh bats for Priyanka Gandhi name for top post
- Finance This Bank Offers Uniform FD Rate On Long Term Deposits
- Sports TNPL 2019: Kovai Kings vs Kanchi Veerans: Mukund powers Kings to big win
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Tata Motors had revealed the 45X concept hatchback at the Auto Expo 2018. The prototype version of the premium hatchback has been spotted several times on Indian roads. Now, DriveSpark reader Sijin Samuel has sent us the images of the Tata 45X premium hatchback which is parked alongside the Harrier SUV in a parking lot in Chennai.
The Tata 45X is a premium hatchback which is based on the Alpha platform and will feature the new Impact Design 2.0 design philosophy. The spotted hatchback is finished in a heavily camouflaged livery, but we can see that the car is finished in orange colour and the honeycomb grille and the air dam is also visible.
The Tata 45X premium hatchback is equipped with temporary headlights, which suggest that it might be a prototype model. As the hatchback is parked alongside the Harrier SUV, we can see how large are the body proportions. The premium hatchback will take on the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai i20 when launched in India.
On the other hand, the Tata Harrier is also equipped with temporary headlight and indicators. The SUV is also heavily camouflaged and the front grille and the air dam is also visible. The Tata Harrier is equipped with five-spoke alloy wheels which adds to the sporty look of the SUV.
The interior of the top-spec Tata Harrier SUV features a large touchscreen infotainment display, leather seat upholstery, silver accents on the dashboard and a unique handbrake lever behind the manual gear lever.
The interior of another variant of the Harrier sports a slightly smaller touchscreen infotainment system and we can also see a dial on the centre console which is likely to be for the different driving models. The overall layout of the cabin looks premium.
The Tata 45X premium hatchback is likely to draw power from the existing 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The Tata Harrier SUV is expected to utilise a 2-litre diesel engine with a power output of 140bhp and 320Nm of torque.
The Harrier will be offered with a 6-speed manual and an automatic gearbox. The 45X premium hatchback will also get a manual and an automatic or AMT gearbox.
Thoughts On The Tata 45X Premium Hatchback
The Tata 45X will be a premium hatchback which will rival the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai i20. We expect the premium hatchback to be launched in the Indian market by the end of 2019. On the other hand, the Tata Harrier SUV will be launched in the first half of 2019.