- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Tata Nexon has hit a new milestone by selling 50,000 units in the country. Tata Motors launched the Nexon compact-SUV towards the end of last year, at a starting price of Rs 6.23 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). A few months before, the Tata Nexon AMT was launched which is currently available from Rs 7.58 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
According to Autocar India, Tata Motors sells 4,088 units of the Nexon on a monthly average (around 136 units daily). This is indeed an impressive figure considering the fact that the compact-SUV market is dominated by its primary rival, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
Launched on 21st September 2017, the Tata Nexon instantly became a market success for the legendary Indian brand and in less than 2.5 months, it hit the 10,000-unit milestone. Later in February 2018, the 25,000th Tata Nexon rolled out from the brand's manufacturing facility in Pune.
The Tata Nexon is available in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol unit makes 108bhp and 170Nm of torque. The 1.5-litre diesel mill churns out 108bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to either a 6-speed manual or an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) unit.
The Nexon has been introduced in some special editions including the new KRAZ Edition. With good looks derived from the brand's Impact Design philosophy, the Tata Nexon is mainly preferred by young buyers. A sportier version of the compact-SUV — the Tata Nexon JTP — is also under the works.
Features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, class-leading Harman audio system, host of safety features and an automatic option with various riding modes, make the Tata Nexon quite a desirable product. The Tata Nexon has also scored an impressive four-star rating in Global NCAP safety tests.
Tata Motors is aiming really high in sales with lots of products scheduled for launch in the coming months. The Tata Tiago NRG cross-hatch was launched recently and it is receiving a good response on the market.
Meanwhile, Tata Motors is also working on some premium products. The Tata Harrier (H5X) SUV and 45X premium hatchback have been spotted testing many times on public roads and will be launched in the not-too-distant future.
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon Sales Milestone
The Tata Nexon is one of the best sub-four-metre compact-SUVs on the market and offers good value for money. Sales of the Nexon are still going strong and Tata Motors is expecting even more record figures. With a range of products in the pipeline, the brand has got high hopes on the Indian car market.