- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 1 hr ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- 3 hrs ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- News In first polls without Jaya-Karunanidhi, DMK stages a massive comeback
- Movies Malayalam Actor Siddique Responds To Allegations Against Him!
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Technology Amazon EMI offers May 23rd to 26th: You wouldn't want to miss it
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Finance UPI Or IMPS For An Online Transaction: What Should You Opt?
- Sports Willian would be sad to see Hazard leave Chelsea
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors is all set to introduce the Harrier SUV in India. The Harrier SUV is expected to be launched in the Indian market, sometime in the first half of 2019. The concept version of the Harrier, the H5X was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Ahead of its launch next year, we have spotted the heavily camouflaged Harrier testing on the streets of Bangalore again. The test vehicle can be seen with temporary headlights and tail lights.
It also features a set of temporary indicators at the front and reverse lights at the rear. The SUV also comes with a roof-mounted spoiler with a stop lamp.
The Tata Harrier will come with large muscular front bumpers with integrated fog lamps on either side. The SUV will feature large alloy wheels and a black plastic cladding across its sides. While the rear is expected to come with split LED tail lights along with faux skid plates at both the rear and front, respectively.
The Tata Harrier is based on the OMEGA platform which also underpins the Land Rover Discovery Sport. The Harrier will also be the first product from Tata Motors to come under the Impact Design 2.0. The SUV will feature the humanity line and flared wheel arches, as part of the company's new design language.
The Tata Harrier will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine, sourced by Fiat. The engine produces 140bhp and 320Nm of torque, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox (sourced from Hyundai).
Inside, the Tata Harrier SUV is expected to come with a host of premium features and equipment. Some of the features expected on the upcoming Harrier SUV: plush leather seats, climate control, cruise control, smartphone connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and a floating infotainment system among others.
The Tata Harrier will come in both five and seven-seater variants. However, Tata will introduce the five-seater variant first with the seven-seater to be introduced at a later stage.
The SUV has been spotted testing on multiple occasions, ahead of its launch. The Harrier SUV will be revealed in January 2019 at the Mumbai Marathon. Tata Motors has announced that the Harrier will be the lead car for the Marathon.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
The Tata Harrier will be premium SUV offering from the Indian automaker. The five-seater SUV once launched sometime next year, will take on rivals such as the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500. The seven-seater variant, on the other hand, will compete against the Skoda Kodiaq, Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner.