BMW decided to introduce the company's second front-wheel drive MPV, the 2 Series during the 2015 Geneva Motor Show.
The 7-seater 2 Series Gran Tourer shares the same platform and the engine as the 2 Series Active Tourer. The interior was designed for practicality and is designed for more space as well as to carry 7 occupants.
There were two colours showcased, one in red and the other was a blue one, which had the M Sport package, which will be on sale in the near future.
The 2 Series Gran Tourer will go on sale in June this year.
BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer Price:
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer will have a starting price of €28,650 in Germany.
BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer Engine Specification:
- 3-cylinder petrol engine producing 134 hp
- 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 189 hp
- 3-cylinder diesel engine producing 114 hp
- 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 148 hp
- 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 187 hp
The petrol as well as diesel engines are offered with either a six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic transmission.
BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer Features:
- All-wheel drive
- "myKIDIO" app
- Two-zone automatic air conditioning
- Park Distance Control at the rear
- Cruise Control with Braking function
- Multifunctional steering wheel
- Head-Up Display
- Traffic Jam Assistant
- Special light-alloy wheels
- Sports seats
- M Aerodynamics package