- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News Downloadable e-version of voter card to be launched today
- Movies Varun Dhawan & Natasha Dalal's Wedding: Bollywood Celebs Pour In Best Wishes For The Newlyweds
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Launch Pushed Indefinitely As Government Upholds Ban Decision: Report
- Finance RIL Shares Slip 4% Post Q3 Results
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The Indian auto industry is slowly starting to resume operations in the country, following a shutdown for almost two months. Car manufacturers are slowly resuming sales, production and service operations across all the green and orange zones in the country.
The reopening of sales and service operations across India has also resulted in car companies finally introducing many awaited models in the Indian market. Having said that, here are the top-5 car-related news from last week.
Renault Triber AMT Launch
Renault has finally launched the Triber MPV with the AMT gearbox in the Indian market. The new Renault Triber AMT was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and is mated to the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder unit as before.
The AMT gearbox on the Renault Triber is offered as an option on the mid and top-spec variants of the MPV. Prices for the Renault Triber AMT start at Rs 6.18 lakh, ex-showroom — here are the details.
2020 Nissan Kicks BS6 Launch
The Nissan Kicks is currently the only SUV available in the Indian market, with the likes of the Terrano being discontinued from the portfolio. The new (2020) Nissan Kicks comes with major changes mechanically, while also featuring subtle cosmetic updates as well as additional equipment as well.
The new (2020) Nissan Kicks SUV is offered with a price tag of Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom. The SUV now features a brand new 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine producing 154bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to an X-Tronic CVT transmission as well — here are all the details.
2020 Hyundai Verna Facelift Sales Begin
Hyundai had announced the prices of the 2020 Verna facelift in the Indian market, sometime during the early part of May 2020. However, with the company resuming sales operations only last week, the Verna facelift was officially launched in India, with sales having finally begun for the sedan.
The Hyundai Verna facelift comes with a starting price of Rs 9.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Verna facelift is positioned in the popular executive sedan segment and rivals the likes of the Maruti Ciaz, new Honda City, Skoda Rapid and the Volkswagen Vento — here are the details.
Kia Sonet SUV India Launch Plans
Kia Sonet is one of the most awaited compact-SUVs in the Indian market. The Kia Sonet will be the brand's third model in India after the Seltos and the Carnival, both of which have received overwhelming response in terms of sales. The compact-SUV once launched in India is said to carry forward the same engine options as its cousin, the Hyundai Venue.
Kia has announced that there will be no delay to the launch plans of the Sonet in India. Even amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is determined to introduce the Sonet SUV in the country later this year, as scheduled — here are the details.
Skoda Portfolio Update
Skoda currently has just the Octavia RS 245 on sale in the Indian market. However, the company has announced that they will be introducing three new models to the lineup on the 26th of May 2020.
According to reports, Skoda will be launching the Superb facelift, Rapid 1.0-litre TSI and the new Karoq SUV together on the 26th of May. The company has already started accepting bookings for the three models, with deliveries said to begin post-launch — here are the details.