- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- News Unlock 5.0 guidelines: Here is what to expect
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 Launched In India For Rs. 2,499
- Movies Varun Dhawan To Start Shooting For Raj Mehta's Romantic Comedy
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Essential Oils For Relieving Headaches And Migraine
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Hyundai India has officially introduced the Verna facelift in the Indian market. The 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift is offered in a range of five variants and comes with a starting price of Rs 9.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The five variants on the 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift: S, S+, SX, SX(O) and SX(O) Turbo. The top-spec Hyundai Verna SX(O) Turbo is priced at Rs 13.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Hyundai had previously announced the prices of the Hyundai Verna facelift back in March 2020. However, with the country under lockdown at the time, sales of the new sedan had to be delayed. Now, with the government slowly allowing vehicle manufacturers to restart operations, the Verna facelift is officially on sale in the Indian market.
As part of the lockdown 4.0 in the country, state and central government have allowed partial resumption of sales and service operations across India. Vehicle dealerships have finally reopened after being shut for over 40 days. Hyundai has also commenced production operations at its manufacturing facilities in India, with the Verna facelift sedan finally reaching dealerships across the country.
The company had already announced the start of bookings for the executive sedan offering in the Indian market. The new (2020) Hyundai Verna facelift comes with a host of updates, both cosmetically and mechanically as well.
The design of the Verna is now refreshed, featuring a huge grille at the front, sleeker LED headlamps at either end, newly designed alloy wheels all around and an updated set of LED tail lamps, bumpers and boot lid as well.
Inside as well, the 2020 Verna facelift comes with major updates. The new Verna is also India's first fully-connected sedan offering in the Indian market. It comes with a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Hyundai's ‘Blue Link' technology.
Other features on the new sedan also include ventilated seats, wireless charging, automatic climate control, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, keyless entry, push-button start/stop and all the safety features mandated as well.
In terms of mechanical changes, Hyundai has now discontinued its old 1.6-litre and 1.4-litre petrol and diesel engine options. This has been replaced by three new engine options: 1.5-litre NA petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. These are the same engines, which also power other Hyundai models, while also producing the same power and torque outputs as well — here are the details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai Verna Facelift
The Hyundai Verna is a popular executive sedan offering in the Indian market. Like all other Hyundai models, the Verna comes packed with features, which now combined with the new set of engines makes it an attractive offering. The 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift rivals the likes of the Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento, Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in the segment.