- 59 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- News Heatwave: IMD issues 'red alert' for most North Indian states, asks people to stay indoors
- Movies Eid Mubarak 2020: Mahesh Babu, Chiranjeevi & Other Wish Fans On Eid-Al-Fitr
- Sports La Liga boss wants June 11 Seville derby to restart season
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Kia Sonet India launch timeline is on track and has not been affected due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. Kia is expected to launch the upcoming Sonet compact-SUV during the festive season this year.
Speaking to Autocar India, Manohar Bhat, Head - Sales and Marketing, Kia Motors India, stated that the launch timeline for the Sonet is on track despite the nation-wide lockdown announced in the country. However, any further extension can delay the launch of the compact-SUV in the Indian market.
He further stated that by launching a new model, Kia aims to attract customers to walk into the showrooms and recreate the buzz once the lockdown is completely lifted. Also, launching a new model during the festive season will help the brand to boost sales as people would be in a positive mind set. Additionally, it will also help the dealer and the working staff to boost their morale with a new product launch in the market as well.
The Kia Sonet will be the company's third product in the Indian market, which is based on the Hyundai Venue. Ahead of its launch, the compact-SUV was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo in its concept form. The Kia Sonet is being extensively tested in India, with completely camouflaged test-mules spied testing several times in the country — here are more details.
Speaking about the design of the Sonet, it will feature a bold stance with the brand's signature tiger nose grille, chunky body cladding, scuff plates, a LED light bar running across the bootlid and more. The compact-SUV is expected to look aggressive with imposing design and stand apart from its rivals.
On the inside, the Kia Sonet is expected to come equipped with more features than the Hyundai Venue, which is already a feature-rich SUV in the Indian market. Some of the interior features that are expected on the Sonet includes a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's UVO connected features, multiple drive modes, and a premium Bose sound system; among others.
Kia is expected to offer the Sonet with a host of powertrain options. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor. The transmission options include both manual and automatic gearboxes offered on the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine, with the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine is expected to be offered with a seven-speed DCT. The Sonet is expected to be offered with an optional diesel-automatic, which is not available on the Hyundai Venue.
Once launched the Kia Sonet will rival the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. We expect the company to price the Sonet retailing around Rs 7 to 12 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet India Launch Timeline Unaffected Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
Most product launches have been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19, which resulted in temporary suspension of business operations across the country. However, it is great to hear that the Sonet launch timeline is unaffected, as it is one of the most anticipated products in the Indian market for this year.