- 17 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 18 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi-Nayanthara-Samantha's Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal To Start Rolling In August?
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Technology Reliance Jio Discontinues Rs. 98, Rs. 1,299 And Some Add-On Packs
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Lifestyle What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Skoda Auto has announced the launch dates for the Rapid 1.0-litre TSI, Karoq SUV and the Superb facelift models. All three models from the Czech brand will go on sale in India on the 26th of May 2020. Skoda will launch the three cars online, following the growing trend in the Indian auto industry.
The company had already started accepting online bookings for all three models. Prospective customers can book the Karoq and the Superb facelift for a token amount of Rs 50,000. Booking amount for the Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is lesser at Rs 25,000. Deliveries of all three models are said to begin soon.
Starting with the most affordable of the lot, the Skoda Rapid. The entry-level sedan offering from Skoda in India has been on sale for quite a while and has been performing well in terms of sales. However, the Skoda Rapid never really received any major update, with the 2020 revisions being its most significant yet.
The Skoda Rapid will now come with a single BS6-compliant 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine, which also powers the Volkswagen Polo and Vento. The new turbo-petrol engine produces 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, mated to a manual six-speed gearbox. Skoda might introduce an automatic transmission at a later stage. Once launched in India, the new Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is expected to be priced in the range of around Rs 9 - 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Moving on to the next sedan in the list, the Skoda Superb facelift. The Superb is a popular premium sedan offering in the Indian market. The Skoda Superb comes packed with enough features to take on the Germans but is priced significantly lower. Now, with the launch of the facelift version, the Superb sedan has become even more attractive as well.
The new (2020) Skoda Superb facelift will come powered by a new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, replacing the old 1.8-litre petrol and 2.0-litre diesel options. The new 2.0-litre TSI unit on the Superb facelift produces 190bhp and comes mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission. Once launched in India, the 2020 Skoda Superb facelift is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 28 - 32 lakh, ex-showroom.
The third and final model in the list is the Skoda Karoq SUV. This model is a brand-new product in the Indian market and will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment. The SUV will be priced at a premium, considering it will be imported into India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. Skoda will, however, offer the Karoq with a host of features and equipment, in order to justify the premium pricing.
Similar to the remaining two models mentioned above, the Skoda Karoq will also come powered by a single petrol engine option. This will be in the form of a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 150bhp and 250Nm of torque, paired with a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission. Expect Skoda to price the SUV in the range of its closest rival, the Jeep Compass.
Thoughts About The Three New Skoda Models Launching In India
Skoda will finally introduce the much-awaited models in the Indian market. The Skoda Superb facelift has already started arriving at dealerships, while the Rapid 1.0-litre TSI was last seen at the 2020 Auto Expo. The launch of the three models will completely refresh Skoda's India lineup, with the Octavia RS 245 having been launched earlier this year.