- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 12 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Skoda Auto has announced the launch dates for the Rapid 1.0-litre TSI, Karoq SUV and the Superb facelift models. All three models from the Czech brand will go on sale in India on the 26th of May 2020. Skoda will launch the three cars online, following the growing trend in the Indian auto industry.
The company had already started accepting online bookings for all three models. Prospective customers can book the Karoq and the Superb facelift for a token amount of Rs 50,000. Booking amount for the Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is lesser at Rs 25,000. Deliveries of all three models are said to begin soon.
Starting with the most affordable of the lot, the Skoda Rapid. The entry-level sedan offering from Skoda in India has been on sale for quite a while and has been performing well in terms of sales. However, the Skoda Rapid never really received any major update, with the 2020 revisions being its most significant yet.
The Skoda Rapid will now come with a single BS6-compliant 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine, which also powers the Volkswagen Polo and Vento. The new turbo-petrol engine produces 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, mated to a manual six-speed gearbox. Skoda might introduce an automatic transmission at a later stage. Once launched in India, the new Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is expected to be priced in the range of around Rs 9 - 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Moving on to the next sedan in the list, the Skoda Superb facelift. The Superb is a popular premium sedan offering in the Indian market. The Skoda Superb comes packed with enough features to take on the Germans but is priced significantly lower. Now, with the launch of the facelift version, the Superb sedan has become even more attractive as well.
The new (2020) Skoda Superb facelift will come powered by a new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, replacing the old 1.8-litre petrol and 2.0-litre diesel options. The new 2.0-litre TSI unit on the Superb facelift produces 190bhp and comes mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission. Once launched in India, the 2020 Skoda Superb facelift is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 28 - 32 lakh, ex-showroom.
The third and final model in the list is the Skoda Karoq SUV. This model is a brand-new product in the Indian market and will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment. The SUV will be priced at a premium, considering it will be imported into India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. Skoda will, however, offer the Karoq with a host of features and equipment, in order to justify the premium pricing.
Similar to the remaining two models mentioned above, the Skoda Karoq will also come powered by a single petrol engine option. This will be in the form of a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 150bhp and 250Nm of torque, paired with a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission. Expect Skoda to price the SUV in the range of its closest rival, the Jeep Compass.
Thoughts About The Three New Skoda Models Launching In India
Skoda will finally introduce the much-awaited models in the Indian market. The Skoda Superb facelift has already started arriving at dealerships, while the Rapid 1.0-litre TSI was last seen at the 2020 Auto Expo. The launch of the three models will completely refresh Skoda's India lineup, with the Octavia RS 245 having been launched earlier this year.