- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The four-wheeler space has seen the most action this week as the World Car Of the Year Award gets announced digitally due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The week seems to favour Koreans, however, the Germans are having a tough time. Here are our top news this week:
Kia Telluride - World Car Of The Year 2020
The Kia Telluride wins the "World Car Of The Year 2020" award. The luxury SUV has won this award by beating the Mazda 3 and Mazda CX-30 in the final round. The Kia Telluride is the only full-size SUV offering from the Korean automaker.
After a long screening process, the Kia Telluride has taken the top step. The SUV comes features packed offering top-notch performance from the 3.8-litre V6 engine —here are more details.
Next-Gen Hyundai i20 Launch
The next-gen Hyundai i20 India launch has been scheduled for September this year. The new-gen i20 will feature a completely new design and a host of powertrain options. The upcoming premium hatchback now features a new cascading grille and few more changes.
The hatchback is also expected to be offered with three powertrain options including a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine featuring 48V mild-hybrid technology. To know more about the next-gen i20 —click here.
Mahindra Scorpio and the XUV500 BS6
Mahindra Scorpio and the XUV500 BS6 specs have been revealed ahead of its launch in India. Both models do not feature many changes from the BS4 models. However, the engine is updated to meet BS6 emission standards.
The new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 features sixth-generation 2.2-litre diesel engine. It produces 153bhp and 360Nm of torque. The engine is mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission —here are more details.
Hector Diesel BS6 Launch
The MG Hector BS6 diesel variant has been launched in India. The prices of the BS6 MG Hector diesel starts at Rs 13.88 lakh, while the top-spec Sharp variant retails at Rs 17.73 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The BS6 Hector diesel continue to come powered by the same 2.0-litre diesel engine which produces 168.4bhp and 350Nm torque, and comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. To know more about the MG Hector BS6 —click here.
VW Ameo & Tiguan Discontinued
Volkswagen has discontinued the Ameo compact-sedan and the Tiguan SUV from its Indian line-up. Both models were not updated to meet BS6 emission standards by the company.
Although the company has not revealed the reason for discontinuing both the models, we expect it to be mainly because of low sales figures registered; among others. The Volkswagen Ameo rivalled the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, which has been the best-selling model in the compact sedan segment —here are more details.
Thoughts About The Top Four-Wheeler News Of The Week
At the moment, the Koreans are dominating the auto industry across the world. Bagging two prestigious awards in the same year for the first time a great achievement by Kia. The auto manufacturers in India ready their BS6 models between the nationwide lockdown, and we bid goodbye to a couple of Germans. These are the testing times for the auto industry.