- 5 min ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- Movies Karan Johar, Akshay Kumar Unite For Video Tribute To Frontline Workers: You Are Real Heroes
- News Domestic flights resume after two months; many say flights cancelled without notice
- Technology Huawei Enjoy Z 5G With MediaTek Dimensity 800 5G Processor Launched In Affordable 5G Segment
- Sports Woods-Manning prevail in star-studded match, raised $20m for charity
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mahindra has updated its website revealing all the details of the new BS6-compliant XUV500. The new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 comes with minimal updates and is expected to go on sale in India very soon.
The new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 comes with an updated sixth-generation 2.2-litre eVGT (electronically Controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger) mHawk diesel engine. It produces 153bhp at 3,750rpm and 360Nm of peak torque at 1.750 - 2,800rpm. The engine is mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.
Apart from the updated engine, the Mahindra XUV500 BS6 continues to retain the same visuals, with little to no changes. The SUV also continues to carry forward the same features and equipment, both on the exterior and interiors.
Some of these features include LED lighting all around, stylish alloy wheel design, electric sunroof, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, plush leather interiors and a host of others.
The new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 will continue to be offered in seven variants: W5, W7, W7 AT, W9, W9 AT, W11(O) and W11(O) AT. Prices for the variants are yet to be announced. Mahindra has stated on their website that the prices for the BS6-compliant XUV500 will be announced after the COVID-19 lockdown ends.
Mahindra has currently discontinued operations at its facilities in India. This is in-line with the current nationwide lockdown, which started on the 24th of March 2020. The lockdown is part of the central government's measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
Currently, Mahindra is working towards supporting the government to fight the deadly virus. The company has already started the production of ventilators and other medical aids required. This medical equipment will be supplied to doctors and healthcare workers in the country, to help them fight the deadly virus — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV500 BS6 India Launch
The Mahindra XUV500 is one of the popular SUV offerings from the brand in the Indian market. Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the XUV500 rivals the likes of the Tata Harrier, Kia Seltos, new Hyundai Creta and the likes.