- 38 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Mahindra has updated its website revealing all the details of the new BS6-compliant XUV500. The new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 comes with minimal updates and is expected to go on sale in India very soon.
The new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 comes with an updated sixth-generation 2.2-litre eVGT (electronically Controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger) mHawk diesel engine. It produces 153bhp at 3,750rpm and 360Nm of peak torque at 1.750 - 2,800rpm. The engine is mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.
Apart from the updated engine, the Mahindra XUV500 BS6 continues to retain the same visuals, with little to no changes. The SUV also continues to carry forward the same features and equipment, both on the exterior and interiors.
Some of these features include LED lighting all around, stylish alloy wheel design, electric sunroof, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, plush leather interiors and a host of others.
The new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 will continue to be offered in seven variants: W5, W7, W7 AT, W9, W9 AT, W11(O) and W11(O) AT. Prices for the variants are yet to be announced. Mahindra has stated on their website that the prices for the BS6-compliant XUV500 will be announced after the COVID-19 lockdown ends.
Mahindra has currently discontinued operations at its facilities in India. This is in-line with the current nationwide lockdown, which started on the 24th of March 2020. The lockdown is part of the central government's measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
Currently, Mahindra is working towards supporting the government to fight the deadly virus. The company has already started the production of ventilators and other medical aids required. This medical equipment will be supplied to doctors and healthcare workers in the country, to help them fight the deadly virus — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV500 BS6 India Launch
The Mahindra XUV500 is one of the popular SUV offerings from the brand in the Indian market. Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the XUV500 rivals the likes of the Tata Harrier, Kia Seltos, new Hyundai Creta and the likes.