- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The next-gen Hyundai i20 India launch has been scheduled for September this year. The upcoming Hyundai i20 will feature a complete design revision and a host of powertrain options.
According to autoX, the company has decided to launch the new-gen i20 in India during September this year. The report also confirms the upcoming hatchback will arrive with three powertrain options at launch.
The upcoming i20 hatchback has undergone a complete design revision and features a new front facia with a cascading grille, and redesigned headlamps which are much sleeker as compared to the older ones. A light bar running across the boot-lip merges with the redesigned tail lights, giving the car a new-age look.
The side profile has undergone a design revision as well and now features bold crease lines giving the car an aggressive stance. The new-generation i20 also features new funky looking dual-tone alloy wheels that look like they've been inspired by the Need For Speed and the Forza video game series.
The interiors of the upcoming i20 have been updated with new features including a new dashboard design that features horizontal lines that appear to connect all four air-con vents. It also features two 10.25-inch displays for the instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system, respectively.
Hyundai is also expected to equip the new i20 with the company's latest BlueLink connected car technology, cruise control, a wireless charger, ambient lighting, and an optional premium Bose sound system offered on the top-spec trims of the hatchback.
The new-gen i20 will also feature new safety features that includes the company's ‘SmartSense' driving assist system, a forward-collision monitoring system, airbags, ABS, an electronic stability program, and more. A traction control system is expected to be featured on top-spec trims.
Hyundai is expected to offer the new-generation i20 with a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine featuring 48V mild-hybrid technology. The engine will come mated to a six-speed (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission. The engine will offer both performance and fuel efficiency, and it is targeted at buyers seeking the best of both worlds.
The next-gen i20 will also feature the current 1.2-litre petrol engine and a detuned version of Kia's 1.5-litre diesel engine. Transmission options include a five-speed manual and a CVT for the 1.2-litre petrol engine; and a six-speed manual and six-speed torque converter automatic for the 1.5-litre diesel engine.
Hyundai has unveiled the next-generation i20 globally, and a walkaround video released by the company on its official YouTube channel showcases all the changes made to the soon-to-be launched hatchback.
Thoughts About The Next-Gen Hyundai i20 India Launch Scheduled For September
Once launched the next-gen i20 will rival the Tata Altroz, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Toyota Glanza, and the upcoming Honda Jazz. We think that with all the added features, powertrain options, and a new exterior design, the 2020 Hyundai i20 will be more appealing to the buyers in the premium hatchback segment in India.