- 1 min ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Kia Telluride has won the '2020 World Car of the Year' award. This is the first time the South Korean carmaker has won the prestigious award. The luxury SUV beat the Mazda 3 and Mazda CX-30 in the final round to take the top honours.
The screening process to select the World Car of the Year began at the 2019 New York Motor Show. The Kia Telluride was selected as the winner from a list of 29 nominations by a total of 86 jurors from all around the world.
After the long screening process, all the jurors then headed to Los Angeles, USA to test drive each of the nominations, before the final votes were counted in. The finalists for the 2020 World Car of the year awards were announced in February at the Auto Expo in Delhi, with the top-three cars revealed last month.
Talking about the Kia Telluride, it is the company's first-ever full-size SUV offering. It comes with a boxy design, with sharp edges and some uniquely styled elements as well. The Telluride also features a wide tiger-nose grille, rectangular LED headlamps with orange LED DRLs and vertically-stacked LED taillamps.
Internationally, the Kia Telluride comes with a single petrol engine offering. This is in the form of a 3.8-litre V6 GDi petrol unit producing 285bhp and 355Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Kia currently has no plans of introducing the Telluride in the Indian market, although there seems to be a growing interest for the luxury SUV in the country.
If brought to the Indian market, the Kia Telluride could take on the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4. However, the luxury SUV would be priced at a slight premium compared to any of its Indian rivals.
Apart from the Telluride, the Korean manufacturer also won the ‘2020 World Urban Car of the Year' Award with the Kia Soul EV. The Kia Soul EV was selected from a list of 8 nominations and underwent a similar screening process as the Telluride.
Thoughts On The Kia Telluride Winning The ‘2020 World Car Of The Year' Award
The Kia Telluride is the company's first-ever full-size SUV offering. It comes with a striking design, with a lot of road presence; combined with powerful performance and feature-packed interiors.