- 53 min ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Thalapathy Vijay Attends SP Balasubrahmanyam's Funeral; Consoles Legendary Singer's Son SP Charan
- News 3 volunteers to get 1st dose of Covishield during trials in Mumbai today
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: FC Goa signs James Donachie from Newcastle Jets on loan
- Finance Likhitha Infrastructure Rs 61.2-crore IPO To Open On Sept 29; Price Band Fixed
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Lite Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch; Could Be Rebranded F17 Pro
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The four-wheeler space in India has received new models at the higher and lower end of the pricing scale. The demand for performance variants of normal SUVs and hatchback have increased substantially. As a result, more manufacturers are either developing or offering a turbo-petrol variant of their standard models. Here are our top picks for this week:
Hyundai i10 Grand NIOS BS6 Diesel Launched
Hyundai has launched the Grand i10 NIOS BS6 diesel model in the Indian market. The Grand i10 NIOS BS6 models retail at a starting price of Rs 6.75 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The BS6 diesel engine will be offered across three variants, with the top-spec ‘Asta' variant is priced at Rs 8.04 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS diesel BS6 model continued to be powered by the 1.2-litre diesel engine which is updated to meet the new emission standards. The engine produces 74bhp and 190Nm of torque. The transmission options remain the same as the BS4 models as well — here are all the details.
Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Production To Start
Tata Motors is expected to introduce a turbo-petrol variant of the Altroz hatchback in the Indian market. The company is expected to start the production of the performance variant of the Altroz once the nation-wide lockdown is completely lifted.
The upcoming Tata Altroz turbo variant is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine that will produce 99bhp and 141Nm of torque. Transmission options on the Altroz turbo are expected to include a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional dual-clutch transmission — click here for more details.
2020 BMW 8 Series Launched In India
BMW has launched its flagship sedan, the 2020 8-Series in the Indian market. The new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe is offered in two variants with prices starting at Rs 1.3 crore for the 840i Gran Coupe variant. While the top-trim 840i Gran Coupe 'M Sport' Edition retails at a price of Rs 1.55 crore.
German auto manufacturer has also launched a top-of-the-line performance variant of the 8-Series, the M8 Coupe; priced at Rs 2.15 crore. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). All models feature the brand's enhanced connected technology with luxurious interiors and offer maximum performance under the bonnet — here are more details.
Nissan Kicks BS6 Officially Revealed
Nissan India has officially revealed the details of the upcoming 2020 Kicks BS6 in the Indian market. The upcoming Nissan Kicks SUV will feature a host of upgrades and an all-new engine. The 2020 Kicks BS6 will be offered in four variants, two engine and transmission options.
Some of the upgrades featured on the Nissan Kicks BS6 include a redesigned LED headlamps, a new touchscreen infotainment display, rear air-conditioning vents and more. It will also come powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 154bhp and 254Nm of torque, making it the most powerful SUV in the segment in the Indian market — here are more details.
New Hyundai Micro-SUV Under Consideration For India
Hyundai is currently studying the Indian market to introduce a new micro-SUV in the country. With the new model, the South Korean automaker aims to attract first-time car buyers in the Indian market.
The upcoming Hyundai entry-level micro-SUV will rival the Renault Kwid, the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso and the upcoming 2020 Datsun Redi-GO in the Indian market. The upcoming model could also be offered with a diesel powertrain — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Top Four-Wheeler News Of The Week
Hyundai is offering the Grand i10 NIOS with a host of engine options that will help them target a wider audience in the segment. With the upcoming micro-SUV, Hyundai will be offering a wide variety of models across different segments in the Indian market. All in all a good week for South Korean auto manufacturers during these testing times for the auto industry.