- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
BMW has launched its most luxurious models in the Indian market, the 8 Series Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe. The new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe is offered in two variants: 840i Gran Coupe and 840i Gran Coupe 'M Sport' Edition.
The standard BMW 840i Gran Coupe is priced at Rs 1.30 Crore, while the 840i Gran Coupe ‘M Sport' Edition is priced slightly higher at Rs 1.55 Crore. The German carmaker has also introduced the range-topping M8 Coupe, priced at Rs 2.15 Crore. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both, the BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe will now be available for purchase via, the brand's online retail platform — BMW Contactless Experience. The new 8 Series is BMW's latest and new flagship four-door coupe offering in the Indian market.
The new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe measures over 5 metres in length and over 2 metres in width. This is comparable to the brand's latest-generation 7 Series. However, due to the sloping roofline, the headroom at the rear isn't the most spacious and can get a bit tight for most passengers.
Both the BMW 840i Gran Coupe and its ‘M Sport' Edition models come with aggressive styling, sporty design and a host of features and electronics as well. However, the ‘M Sport' version of the 840i Gran Coupe also comes with a number of additional features as well. This includes cosmetic add-ons to make it look sportier, BMW's laser light headlamp units, larger 19-inch alloys, four-zone climate control, latest infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Harman-Kardon audio system with 16-speakers, fully-digital instrument cluster, 360-degree camera; among others.
The BMW 840i Gran Coupe and the 840i M Sport Edition come powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. It produces 340bhp and 500Nm of peak torque and is mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission.
The BMW M8 Coupe is essentially the performance-oriented version of the 840i Gran Coupe. The BMW M8 comes powered by a larger 4.4-litre V8 twin-turbocharged petrol engine. It produces 600bhp and 750Nm of peak torque, mated to the same eight-speed automatic gearbox.
The BMW M8 is capable of sprinting from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.3 seconds while reaching a top speed of an electronically-limited 250km/h. The power is sent to all-four-wheels via BMW's xDrive technology, but the M8 comes with the choice of being able to switch the car completely to a rear-wheel-drive configuration.
Thoughts On The BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe & M8 Coupe In India
The BMW 8 Series is the brand's most luxurious model and is now on sale in India. The 8 Series Gran Coupe rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz CLS, while the M8 rivals the Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe.