- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 7 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 22 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 23 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- Sports Tendulkar reminded us he won world cup after six attempts, so we remain motivated: Jhingan
- News Lockdown: From June 1, Goa to get more trains, flights
- Movies Roopa Ganguly Aka Draupadi Says Trains Used To Stop At Stations So People Could Watch Mahabharat
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
BMW has launched its most luxurious models in the Indian market, the 8 Series Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe. The new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe is offered in two variants: 840i Gran Coupe and 840i Gran Coupe 'M Sport' Edition.
The standard BMW 840i Gran Coupe is priced at Rs 1.30 Crore, while the 840i Gran Coupe ‘M Sport' Edition is priced slightly higher at Rs 1.55 Crore. The German carmaker has also introduced the range-topping M8 Coupe, priced at Rs 2.15 Crore. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Both, the BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe will now be available for purchase via, the brand's online retail platform — BMW Contactless Experience. The new 8 Series is BMW's latest and new flagship four-door coupe offering in the Indian market.
The new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe measures over 5 metres in length and over 2 metres in width. This is comparable to the brand's latest-generation 7 Series. However, due to the sloping roofline, the headroom at the rear isn't the most spacious and can get a bit tight for most passengers.
Both the BMW 840i Gran Coupe and its ‘M Sport' Edition models come with aggressive styling, sporty design and a host of features and electronics as well. However, the ‘M Sport' version of the 840i Gran Coupe also comes with a number of additional features as well. This includes cosmetic add-ons to make it look sportier, BMW's laser light headlamp units, larger 19-inch alloys, four-zone climate control, latest infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Harman-Kardon audio system with 16-speakers, fully-digital instrument cluster, 360-degree camera; among others.
The BMW 840i Gran Coupe and the 840i M Sport Edition come powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. It produces 340bhp and 500Nm of peak torque and is mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission.
The BMW M8 Coupe is essentially the performance-oriented version of the 840i Gran Coupe. The BMW M8 comes powered by a larger 4.4-litre V8 twin-turbocharged petrol engine. It produces 600bhp and 750Nm of peak torque, mated to the same eight-speed automatic gearbox.
The BMW M8 is capable of sprinting from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.3 seconds while reaching a top speed of an electronically-limited 250km/h. The power is sent to all-four-wheels via BMW's xDrive technology, but the M8 comes with the choice of being able to switch the car completely to a rear-wheel-drive configuration.
Thoughts On The BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe & M8 Coupe In India
The BMW 8 Series is the brand's most luxurious model and is now on sale in India. The 8 Series Gran Coupe rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz CLS, while the M8 rivals the Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe.