- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Nissan India has officially revealed the Kicks BS6 in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV will feature a host of upgrades over the previous-gen BS4 models. The Nissan Kicks BS6 will be offered in four variants, and two engine and transmission options to choose from.
The company will also offer the upcoming Kicks BS6 with a standard warranty package that will be valid for a period of two-years or 50,000 kilometres, whichever is earlier. Additionally, the warranty period can be increased to five years, with the purchase of an extended warranty pack as well. Nissan will also offer a standard two-year (RSA) RoadSide Assistance package with the Kicks BS6 SUV.
The 2020 Kicks BS6 will be offered in four variants — the XL, the XV, the XV Premium and the XV Premium (O). Talking about the engine options offered on the variants, the 1.5 petrol engine will be offered on the entry-level XL and the mid-spec XV trims. The company will offer the turbo-petrol with manual and automatic options in XV and XV Premium variants, but the top-spec XV Premium (O) misses out on an automatic transmission.
The k9k diesel engine has not been updated to meet BS6 emission standards. As a result, the BS6 Nissan Kicks will be offered with two petrol engine options. These include a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 154bhp and 254Nm of torque, making it the most powerful SUV in the segment in the Indian market. It will also be offered with a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque.
Both engines will come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. However, the 1.3-litre engine will be offered with an optional eight-speed CVT automatic transmission. The Turbo variant will also arrive with a few exclusive features including (VSM) Vehicle Stability Management, traction control and more.
The overall design and silhouette of the BS6 Kicks will be similar to its BS4 counterpart. The BS6 SUV will continue to feature a cascading grille, LED projector headlamps, silver-coloured skid plates at both ends, roof rails, and 17-inch alloy wheels; among others.
Interiors of the 2020 Kicks have also been revised. The changes include a dual-tone interior scheme with a carbon fibre finish, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, voice recognition, and the brand's ‘Nissan Connect' connected technology as well.
Additionally, the BS6 SUV will feature rear air-conditioning vents, an illuminated & cooled glove box, electrically adjustable ORVMs, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, and a rear-view camera; among others.
The upcoming Nissan Kicks BS6 will be available in a total of six exterior colour options — Blade Silver, Night Shade, Bronze Grey, Fire Red, Pearl White and Deep Blue Pearl. Additionally, the range-topping Kicks XV Premium (O) variant will be offered with three dual-tone paint schemes — Bronze Grey with Amber Orange, Fire Red with Onyx Black, and Pearl White with Onyx Black.
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, said, "The all-new Nissan KICKS comes in 7 variants reiterating our brand philosophy of keeping customers at the heart of everything towards delivering exciting packages for an enriching experience. The variants present class-leading, accessible and affordable features to the customers to enjoy maximum value proposition in the segment."
Thoughts About The Nissan Kicks BS6 Officially Revealed
Nissan has revealed the Kicks BS6 rather subtly due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The company has assured that the turbo-petrol engine will return a mileage of 14.1kmpl, while the naturally aspirated unit will return 16.3kmpl. Once launched, the Nissan Kicks will rival the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos; among others in the Indian market.