- 57 min ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 2 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Thalapathy Vijay Attends SP Balasubrahmanyam's Funeral; Consoles Legendary Singer's Son SP Charan
- News 3 volunteers to get 1st dose of Covishield during trials in Mumbai today
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: FC Goa signs James Donachie from Newcastle Jets on loan
- Finance Likhitha Infrastructure Rs 61.2-crore IPO To Open On Sept 29; Price Band Fixed
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Lite Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch; Could Be Rebranded F17 Pro
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The Tata Altroz turbo-petrol variant production will start soon after the Covid-19 lockdown is lifted in the country. During the launch of the Altroz, the company had confirmed that they will introduce a performance version of the premium hatchback at a later date.
According to the TeamBHP, the Tata Altroz will feature a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine that will produce 99bhp and 141Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional dual-clutch transmission. Whether the Altroz turbo variant will feature paddle shifters remains to be seen.
Apart from the upcoming turbo-petrol engine, the Tata Altroz is offered with two other engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission. As is, the automatic transmission is unavailable.
The Tata Altroz is the company's first offering in the premium hatchback segment in the country. The current segment leaders are the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20. However, the Altroz is slowly catching up with its rivals because of its unique and modern design.
The Altroz is the first of the company's models to feature the brand's ALFA architecture and also features Tata's Impact 2.0 design language. The bold shoulder lines give the hatchback an appealing stance that helps it stand apart from its rivals.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
The highlight of the Tata Altroz features is its doors that open to 90 degrees. This makes for easy ingress and egress. The interiors of the Altroz feature a premium look and feel with soft-touch materials placed across the cabin, and offers fantastic space for the driver and the front passenger.
Safety features on the Tata Altroz include ABS with EBD, corner stability control, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, a high-speed alert system, an engine immobilizer, and an anti-glare IRVM. The premium hatchback also features cruise control.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol
The premium hatchback segment is one of the most competitive segments in the country. Buyers in this segment look for class-leading features and performance. With the upcoming turbo-petrol engine, we expect the Altroz to increase its reach by catering to a wider audience in the segment.