- 10 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 10 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 14 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Tata Altroz turbo-petrol variant production will start soon after the Covid-19 lockdown is lifted in the country. During the launch of the Altroz, the company had confirmed that they will introduce a performance version of the premium hatchback at a later date.
According to the TeamBHP, the Tata Altroz will feature a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine that will produce 99bhp and 141Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional dual-clutch transmission. Whether the Altroz turbo variant will feature paddle shifters remains to be seen.
Apart from the upcoming turbo-petrol engine, the Tata Altroz is offered with two other engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission. As is, the automatic transmission is unavailable.
The Tata Altroz is the company's first offering in the premium hatchback segment in the country. The current segment leaders are the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20. However, the Altroz is slowly catching up with its rivals because of its unique and modern design.
The Altroz is the first of the company's models to feature the brand's ALFA architecture and also features Tata's Impact 2.0 design language. The bold shoulder lines give the hatchback an appealing stance that helps it stand apart from its rivals.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
The highlight of the Tata Altroz features is its doors that open to 90 degrees. This makes for easy ingress and egress. The interiors of the Altroz feature a premium look and feel with soft-touch materials placed across the cabin, and offers fantastic space for the driver and the front passenger.
Safety features on the Tata Altroz include ABS with EBD, corner stability control, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, a high-speed alert system, an engine immobilizer, and an anti-glare IRVM. The premium hatchback also features cruise control.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol
The premium hatchback segment is one of the most competitive segments in the country. Buyers in this segment look for class-leading features and performance. With the upcoming turbo-petrol engine, we expect the Altroz to increase its reach by catering to a wider audience in the segment.