- 11 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 13 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Technology Micromax IN 1b To Go On First Sale Today At 12PM Via Flipkart
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
The Indian car market has been slowly gaining momentum, post the lockdown which had shutdown all operations for the past two months. Demand for vehicles is slowly reaching pre-COVID trends, while vehicle manufacturers have started introducing new products in the Indian market as well.
Here are the top highlights of the Indian car industry from the week that's gone by:
New Honda City Details Revealed
Honda Cars India has revealed all the details of its fifth-generation City sedan for the Indian market. Ahead of its launch scheduled in July, Honda has revealed all the details of the upcoming sedan. This includes the long list of features, design changes, colour options and even the BS6 powertrain.
The new Honda City will be powered by BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engine options. This includes a 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 120bhp and a 1.5-litre diesel unit churning out 100bhp. Both engines will come mated to a six-speed manual, with the petrol receiving the optional CVT automatic as well — here are more details.
Hyundai Creta Bookings Milestone
The all-new Hyundai Creta was launched in March 2020, with sales picking up only post the lockdown in the country. The Creta post lockdown has received an overwhelming response, even becoming the best-selling car in the country during the month of May 2020.
Recently, Hyundai reported that post lockdown the Creta has received over 30,000 bookings in the Indian market. Out of these, 55 per cent of them are towards the diesel variant as well. This is a new milestone for the brand — here are more details.
Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP Discontinued
Tata Motors has discontinued the JTP versions of the Tiago and Tigor offerings in the Indian market. Both models faced low sales and demand, which was severely affected by the lockdown, resulting in the company discontinuing both models permanently.
The Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP were part of JT Special Vehicles Pvt Ltd., a 50:50 partnership between Tata Motors and Jayem Automotives. Tata Motors also announced that they bought over the 50% shares of JTSV from Jayem Automotive, making JTSV a fully-owned subsidiary of the OEM — here are more details.
MG Hector Plus Production Begin In India
MG Motors India announced the start of production of their upcoming Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The new MG Hector Plus is essentially a seven-seater version of the Hector SUV already available in the country.
Production of the Hector Plus began recently at the brand's Halol plant in Gujarat. The MG Hector Plus is expected to go on sale in the coming month and will rival the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta — here are more details.
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS Launch In India
Mercedes-Benz has launched the latest iteration of their new GLS SUV in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz GLS is offered in two variants, both priced at Rs 99.90 lakh, ex-showroom.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLS is part of the brand's aggressive product offensive planned for the Indian market. The GLS is offered in both petrol and diesel engine options and rivals the likes of the BMW X7 — here are more details.