- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Mercedes-Benz has launched the all-new (2020) GLS SUV in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz GLS is available in two variants, both of which are priced at Rs 99.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new Mercedes-Benz GLS is the third-generation model of the flagship SUV in the Indian market. The new GLS, similar to its predecessor will be locally-assembled at the brand's Chakan plant in Pune, Maharashtra. The new Mercedes-Benz GLS is also the third model to be introduced in the Indian market via a digital launch, following the AMG C 63 and the AMG GT-R; both of which were launched recently as well.
Visually, the new Mercedes-Benz GLS with an updated set of LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lights, revised front grille with chrome horizontal slats and the Mercedes-Benz logo at the centre. The new GLS also comes with 21-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, dual exhaust mufflers with chrome bezels and a number of other subtle revisions as well.
Inside, the new GLS comes with a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's MBUX technology, digital instrument console, panoramic sunroof, 64-colour ambient lighting, optional rear-seat entertainment screens, five-zone climate control and a host of others as well.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLS for the first time features a luxurious six-seater cabin as well, with captain seats in the second-row. In terms of dimensions, the new GLS is said to have grown in size and is now 77mm longer and 22mm wider than before. The new GLS SUV also has a 60mm longer wheelbase, adding that much more space inside the cabin.
The new-generation Mercedes-Benz GLS comes in two variants: GLS 450 4MATIC (petrol) and GLS 400d 4MATIC (diesel). The petrol variant comes powered by a 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder engine, mated to the brand's EQ Boost system. The powertrain produces 362bhp and 500Nm of peak torque.
The GLS 400d 4 MATIC, on the other hand, is powered by a 2.9-litre in-line six-cylinder diesel engine. It produces 362bhp and 700Nm of peak torque.
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, stated:
"Combining luxury, comfort, and technology, the Mercedes-Benz GLS is the finest luxury SUV available in the market today. As a full-size seven-seater SUV, the new GLS offers significantly more space and an added legroom for passengers, especially for those in the second row."
"The GLS is also equipped with the latest generation of the MBUX infotainment system and fully connected via our Mercedes me Connect Services, making it a tech-savvy SUV. The interior of the GLS is a synthesis of modern, luxurious aesthetics, hallmark SUV practicality. In our view, the new GLS is an ideal blend of modern luxury with the characteristics of an off-roader."
He further added, "The GLS completes a decade in India and with more than 6700 units on Indian roads, it undoubtedly remains the most preferred full-size luxury SUV in its segment. The new GLS is the most luxurious SUV on offer from Mercedes-Benz in the Indian market and it will continue to remain an important pillar in Mercedes-Benz's SUV portfolio."
Thoughts About The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS India Launch
The new Mercedes-Benz GLS is the third and latest-generation iteration of the SUV in the Indian market. The GLS is the brand's most luxurious and flagship SUV offering in the Indian market and rivals the likes of the BMW X7.