- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 10 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
MG Motor India has announced the start of production of its upcoming Hector Plus SUV. The new MG Hector Plus production has begun at the company's Halol facility in Gujarat, ahead of its scheduled launch next month.
The MG Hector Plus was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February this year. The Hector Plus is essentially a seven-seater version of the current Hector SUV on sale in the country. However, there are certain in terms of its external design and interior cabin space, which help it differentiate between its five-seater sibling.
Starting off with the exteriors, the new MG Hector Plus now comes with a set of all-new headlamps and front grille. The Hector Plus also comes with a slightly revised front and rear bumper, along with updated scuff plates as well. The boot-lid and the general rear profile of the MG Hector Plus have been revised, to help differentiate between the two siblings.
Moving to the inside, the cabin of the MG Hector Plus features individual captain seats in the middle row. There is also a third-row of seating as well. Once launched, the MG Hector Plus is said to be available in either a six or seven-seater configuration.
Manish Manek, Chief Plant Officer, MG Motor India, said,
"The Hector Plus is aimed at addressing specific family needs with captain seats in the middle row and the third row for teenagers. Further augmenting the Hector brand family, the Hector Plus stands out as the smarter choice with advanced technology, best-in-class safety, and unmatched comfort."
The MG Hector Plus will carry forward the same engine options as its five-seater sibling. This includes the 2.0-litre diesel engine churning out 170bhp and 350Nm of torque, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
MG Motor will also pack the new Hector Plus with a host of features and equipment as well. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, with the brand's latest iSmart connected technology, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, cruise control and a host of other features as well.
The MG Hector was also spotted recently wearing a stylish-looking ‘Starry Sky Blue' paint scheme. The spy pics of the MG Hector Plus with the new colour was during the advert production — check out the blue MG Hector Plus here.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Plus Production Commencement
The MG Hector Plus once launched in India next month, will be the third model from the brand in the Indian market, following the five-seater Hector and all-electric ZS EV. MG Motor is confident that the Hector Plus will take on the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta in the Indian market.