- 36 min ago Mahindra Marazzo Automatic To Launch Soon & KUV100 To Live On: Not Discontinued?
- 1 hr ago Honda Bikes & Scooters Offers: Discount Benefits On Shine & Grazia Models
- 15 hrs ago Pristine 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 Clocks More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres; Put Up For Auction
- 17 hrs ago Renault Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- News Light rain, thunderstorms likely in Delhi
- Finance What is the Difference Between Custodian and Depository?
- Technology Airtel Beats Reliance Jio Adds More User Active Base In February
- Sports England's IPL players unlikely to find place in Test squad against New Zealand: Reports
- Movies Robert De Niro Injures Leg While On Location For Killers of the Flower Moon, Shooting To Continue
- Education CBSE Board Exam 2021: Decision On Class 12 Board Exam Pending, Students Seek Cancellation
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
MG Motor India has announced the start of production of its upcoming Hector Plus SUV. The new MG Hector Plus production has begun at the company's Halol facility in Gujarat, ahead of its scheduled launch next month.
The MG Hector Plus was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February this year. The Hector Plus is essentially a seven-seater version of the current Hector SUV on sale in the country. However, there are certain in terms of its external design and interior cabin space, which help it differentiate between its five-seater sibling.
Starting off with the exteriors, the new MG Hector Plus now comes with a set of all-new headlamps and front grille. The Hector Plus also comes with a slightly revised front and rear bumper, along with updated scuff plates as well. The boot-lid and the general rear profile of the MG Hector Plus have been revised, to help differentiate between the two siblings.
Moving to the inside, the cabin of the MG Hector Plus features individual captain seats in the middle row. There is also a third-row of seating as well. Once launched, the MG Hector Plus is said to be available in either a six or seven-seater configuration.
Manish Manek, Chief Plant Officer, MG Motor India, said,
"The Hector Plus is aimed at addressing specific family needs with captain seats in the middle row and the third row for teenagers. Further augmenting the Hector brand family, the Hector Plus stands out as the smarter choice with advanced technology, best-in-class safety, and unmatched comfort."
The MG Hector Plus will carry forward the same engine options as its five-seater sibling. This includes the 2.0-litre diesel engine churning out 170bhp and 350Nm of torque, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
MG Motor will also pack the new Hector Plus with a host of features and equipment as well. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, with the brand's latest iSmart connected technology, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, cruise control and a host of other features as well.
The MG Hector was also spotted recently wearing a stylish-looking ‘Starry Sky Blue' paint scheme. The spy pics of the MG Hector Plus with the new colour was during the advert production — check out the blue MG Hector Plus here.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Plus Production Commencement
The MG Hector Plus once launched in India next month, will be the third model from the brand in the Indian market, following the five-seater Hector and all-electric ZS EV. MG Motor is confident that the Hector Plus will take on the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta in the Indian market.