- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Rohit Sharma breaks Don Bradman's 71-year-old record; Umesh Yadav scores fastest Test 30
- News Pak summons Indian envoy after Army strikes terror camps in PoK
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
MG Motor India will launch four new SUVs over the time-span of two years according to latest reports. This news comes just a day after the MG Hector was launched in India at a starting price of Rs 12.18 lakh.
It seems like MGs strategy for the Indian market for the first couple of years will hinge on the SUV segment. It is no secret that Indians love their SUVs and this is the primary reason for the SUV segment to be one of the biggest in India.
There seems to be no slowdown in sight for the SUV segment as more products enter the segment from different manufacturers. MG Motor India is one of the manufacturers that intends to conquer the SUV segment by launching multiple products in it. The first MG product for India was the Hector, which is obviously an SUV.
We drove it, and came back very impressed as can be seen in our review of the MG Hector. MG though will not stop at that. According to ETAuto, MG has planned to launch four more SUVs in India over the next two years. The first of these will be the MG eZS.
The MG eZS will be a revolutionary SUV in the Indian market because it is an all-electric SUV. It is based on the ZS SUV currently on sale in China. The electric SUV has been spotted while testing on Indian roads and MG recently released a video to show that production of the SUV had started in India. The MG eZS is slated to be launched in India in towards the end of 2019.
Next in line for the Indian market will be the seven-seater version of the Hector. It is unclear at the moment if there would be any changes to the Hector in terms of size and drivetrain in addition to the two extra seats.
After that, MG would be launching a compact SUV that would be positioned below the Hector and help boost sales. Details of the compact SUV are not available at the moment. All of the aforementioned products will be produced at the firm's production facility at Halol, in Gujarat.
Rajeev Chaba, President and MD of MG India was quoted as saying, "The Indian market is seen as strategic, both by MG and SAIC and we will expand our products and investments here. So far, we have invested Rs 2,200 crore for the Gujarat plant that we acquired from General Motors." He also went on to say that the company would work on a Hatchback once its first five SUVs are in the market.
Thoughts On MG India To Launch Four New SUVs In India Over The Next Two Years
The MG Hector has had a great start with the SUV clocking more than 10,000 bookings within the first month. That is brilliant for a new-entry in India. With MG putting up their product offensive, we are sure MG would soon become a common brand in India.