- 18 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 19 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 36 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 8: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News "Ready to quit happily": Kumaraswamy in an emotional speech in assembly
- Movies Is This The Reason Behind Nayanthara-Dhanush Rift? Shocking Deets Inside
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
MG Motor India will launch four new SUVs over the time-span of two years according to latest reports. This news comes just a day after the MG Hector was launched in India at a starting price of Rs 12.18 lakh.
It seems like MGs strategy for the Indian market for the first couple of years will hinge on the SUV segment. It is no secret that Indians love their SUVs and this is the primary reason for the SUV segment to be one of the biggest in India.
There seems to be no slowdown in sight for the SUV segment as more products enter the segment from different manufacturers. MG Motor India is one of the manufacturers that intends to conquer the SUV segment by launching multiple products in it. The first MG product for India was the Hector, which is obviously an SUV.
We drove it, and came back very impressed as can be seen in our review of the MG Hector. MG though will not stop at that. According to ETAuto, MG has planned to launch four more SUVs in India over the next two years. The first of these will be the MG eZS.
The MG eZS will be a revolutionary SUV in the Indian market because it is an all-electric SUV. It is based on the ZS SUV currently on sale in China. The electric SUV has been spotted while testing on Indian roads and MG recently released a video to show that production of the SUV had started in India. The MG eZS is slated to be launched in India in towards the end of 2019.
Next in line for the Indian market will be the seven-seater version of the Hector. It is unclear at the moment if there would be any changes to the Hector in terms of size and drivetrain in addition to the two extra seats.
After that, MG would be launching a compact SUV that would be positioned below the Hector and help boost sales. Details of the compact SUV are not available at the moment. All of the aforementioned products will be produced at the firm's production facility at Halol, in Gujarat.
Rajeev Chaba, President and MD of MG India was quoted as saying, "The Indian market is seen as strategic, both by MG and SAIC and we will expand our products and investments here. So far, we have invested Rs 2,200 crore for the Gujarat plant that we acquired from General Motors." He also went on to say that the company would work on a Hatchback once its first five SUVs are in the market.
Thoughts On MG India To Launch Four New SUVs In India Over The Next Two Years
The MG Hector has had a great start with the SUV clocking more than 10,000 bookings within the first month. That is brilliant for a new-entry in India. With MG putting up their product offensive, we are sure MG would soon become a common brand in India.