- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 15 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 20 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Ayodhya case: Final written pleas by Hindu, Muslim sides filed in SC
- Sports India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Live Update: India look to continue dominance on Day 2 at Ranchi
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Elimination: Shocking! Mahira Sharma Safe; Abu Or Dey - Who Might Get Evicted?
- Lifestyle World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
MG Motor's Hector, is all set for a launch this month. While the Hector is the first car from the British auto manufacturer, the company has been testing the all electric eZS SUV. Rumor has it, that this will be MG's second offering in the country, with a launch slated for late 2019.
According to Rushlane, the eZS is the electric version of the ZS SUV which MG currently retails across the world. The eZS was also MG's first electric vehicle and was revealed at the 2018 Guangzhou Motor Show in China, however, it will be the second electric car to launch in India, after the Hyundai Kona which is scheduled for a July 2019 launch.
The MG eZS looks very similar to the regular ZS. The electric variant however, features unique five-spoke alloys, a charging port at the front, eZS badging and an exclusive blue paint option. The SUV looks more 'urban' than like a conventional SUV.
The SUV is expected to be packed with features. The vehicle will feature an advanced touchscreen infotainment system and a large panoramic sunroof. MG has also confirmed that the electric SUV will also carry its iSmart Next-Gen technology which is MG's in-house connectivity suite.
The MG eZS that retails in international markets features a 150hp electric motor which is capable of pushing the SUV from 0kmph to 50kmph in 3.1 seconds. According to the NEDC (New European Driving Cycle), the SUV offers a total range of 335km from a single charge. There is no concrete information about what motor the India spec eZS will carry, but details will surface closer to launch.
MG has already upgraded its Halol plant for the production of the eZS. The SUV is expected to get subsidy from the Indian government under the FAME II scheme, and we expect the vehicle to be priced between Rs 20 lakh and Rs 25 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
MG Motors also plans to export from the made-in-India electric SUV to international markets.
Thoughts About The All Electric MG eZS SUV
This is good news. Launching electric cars faster than other manufacturers allows for informed research and development, and the time to fine tune the electric vehicles for use in the country. It is impressive to know that MG has managed to localize over 50% of the EV, that's the only way they can launch, and receive a subsidy under the FAME II Scheme. Kudos! We're looking forward to driving this vehicle.