- 10 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 11 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 12 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs MI: Six months is a long time without cricket, says Rohit Sharma after Mumbai bounce back with big win
- News 'Hero of zero hour': Union Minister' praise for Lok Sabha Speaker
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
MG Motors India launched their first product in the Indian market on the 27th of June. Their first product, the MG Hector is offered with a starting price of Rs 12.18 lakh, ex-showroom. The British brand commenced bookings for the SUV starting earlier this month.
Now, MG Motors have confirmed that the Hector bookings have crossed over 10,000 units in 23 days. The company also stated that the deliveries of the MG Hector is said to begin from the first week of July.
The MG Hector is available in a range of four trims: Style, Super, Smart and Sharp. Each variant of the MG Hector is offered with a list of features and equipment, many of which are either segment-firsts or best-in-class. This includes the 10.4-inch vertically-stacked touchscreen infotainment system, with MG's AI-enabled 'i-Smart' technology with around 100 voice commands.
The MG Hector comes with large overall dimensions, with a bold and imposing stance. The design of the Hector is boxy, yet stylish. The large chrome grille up front takes centre-stage, flanked on either side by a dual-headlamp set up; sleek LED DRLs on top and the main LED projector headlamps below. The LED DRLs also doubles up as dynamic turn indicators, offering a premium feel to the mid-size SUV.
The side profile is clean, with a sharp shoulder line running across the entire length of the SUV, flared wheel arches and a set of 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels. The rear receives LED tail lights with integrated dynamic turn indicators. The tail lights are connected at the centre with red elements, adding to its premium appeal.
The MG Hector is offered with a choice of two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque. The petrol engine is also offered with a 48V hybrid motor, which improves fuel-efficiency and better low-end grunt.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel engine sourced from FCA. This produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the additional seven-speed DCT transmission as optional. We recently drove the MG Hector during the media drives, before the launch and were impressed with the SUV's performance and handling — read our detailed review here.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Bookings
The MG Hector is the first product from the Chinese-owned British brand in the Indian market. MG Motors has priced the Hector competitively in the Indian market; rivalling the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the upcoming Kia Seltos in the mid-size SUV segment.