- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 And Note10 Plus Accessories: Best Cases And Covers to Buy In India
- News Odisha jobs: Check official notification for 128 Post Graduate Teacher vacancies
- Sports India vs West Indies: Highlights: Rahane and Bumrah torment West Indies as India seal first Test in clinical fashion
- Movies Hrithik Roshan: Entertainment Value Of A Film Is Most Important For Me
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
MG Motor India has revealed a video of the first MG eZS electric compact crossover being manufactured in India. The video has been taken at the brand's manufacturing facility at Halol, Gujarat and details the making of MG's second product for India - the MG eZS - which is set to be launched in december this year.
MG Motor India seems to be on a roll and has released a video of its second product for India a couple of weeks before the launch of its first product. Interestingly, both products are SUVs but are worlds apart in terms of drivetrain.
The MG Hector will be the first product for India from the iconic british marque. Bookings for the MG Hector officially began on 04 June, 2019 and the SUV is set to be launched later in the same month.
It is one of the largest SUVs in its segment and it comes with smart connectivity options and it even comes with a hybrid variant. However, it is not a full-hybrid but is only a 48V mild-hybrid system.
Even before the MG Hector is launched in all its glory, MG has now released a video which just confirms what we have been hearing for months now. There were reports after reports that confirmed the fact that MG Motor India was going to launch the eZS in December 2019 and that it will be locally produced at its plant in Gujarat.
Now that we have seen the MG eZS being produced, there are a few observations. The MG eZS was rumoured to come with the same i-Smart connected infotainment unit as the MG Hector.
However, the video depicts an infotainment system that is much smaller than the 10.4-inch vertically positioned i-Smart system in the MG Hector. i-Smart is essentially a software and hence it should not be too hard to implement it with a smaller screen, but it remains to be seen if it does indeed come with all of the features we see on the bigger unit.
The video released by MG also depicts Exicom charging stations. Exicom is a Gurgaon-based power solutions firm that also manufactures charging solutions for electric vehicles. It is unknown at the moment if there is some kind of partnership between MG Motor India and Exicom to provide charging infrastructure for buyers of the eZS.
Other than this, the video released by MG Motor India also depicts great build quality, and good looks that the MG eZS will offer to its buyers.
The MG eZS is the the pure-electric variant of the MG ZS that was first revealed at the 2018 Guangzhou Motor Show. The MG ZS is a stylish crossover that is currently on sale in the Chinese market. The MG eZS is very similar to the ZS in terms of design because it is yet another variant of the same vehicle.
However, there are a few differences to distinguish it from the petrol-powered car. The eZS will be available in exclusive blue shade other than the white paint job depicted in the video. The EV also comes with exclusive five-spoke alloy wheels, eZS badging and an exclusive grille up front with a charging point hidden behind the openable grille.
In the Chinese market, the MG eZS is powered by an electric motor with an output of 150bhp. We sure do hope the same powertrain makes it to the Indian market as well. MG claims a 0-50km/h time of 3.1 seconds, and a brilliant range of 335 kilometres on a single charge.
Thoughts On MG eZS Production Begins In India; MG Motor India Releases Video
MG has planned its Indian debut very well. Its first product - the MG Hector - will take care of the premium SUV end of the business. With the MG eZS coming in next, the company has taken care of the green vehicle side of the business. However, both of these vehicles do not cater to the mass market segments and hence it will be interesting to see how things pan out for MG Motor India.